PS3 Guys..... the day has come!

The PS3 has finally been hacked after 3 years, 2 months, and 11 days by the same kid who cracked the iPhone OS.

Full memory space access and therefore ring 0 access from OtherOS. This will ignite the community and look forward to hypervisor dumps. Anyone who has installed another OS on their PS3 knows that they do not have full access to the GPU or the PS3 OS from there as they are stuck in a virtual container. This now allows access directly to the systems hardware.

Known to work with 2.4.2 only but should be working on the future releases with some work.

http://geohotps3.blogspot.com/2010/01/heres-your-silver-platter.html

Extremely technical writeups but now that someone has finally broken it, it would be awesome to see the outcomes. I personally am not ready to open my PS3 and solder a JTAG cable into it yet.

Maybe that kid should go work for the guys writing the GT5 code…

LOL

that kid is impressive.

I have no clue what you typed but :bigclap:to it getting hacked I guess.

I wont be touching mines

ALLRIGHT!!!, right on schedule with the Xbox 360!!!

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

Microsoft should take notes on how to secure their systems from Sony.

Think of a big box as the PS3 system and hardware. Inside it is two smaller boxes, one has all the PS3 system stuff running in it that you see when you turn it on and play games and handles the controllers and stuff and the other box is the other OS box that you can use to install another operating system similar to one on your desktop. Something running inside a small box cant get out of it and roam around the big box or outside the big box until now and are not longer limited to what the big box says each little box can do.

If you didn’t read the two page article linked in that, do it. Its a decent read.