PS3?

Was debating weather or not to pick one up now that the blue ray hd dvd war is over. Anyone here own an 80gig version? pros/cons likes/dislikes places with best price and availability. Any info would be great, and thanks in advance.

My best friend has the 80gig. The graphics and quality are amazing especially on his HDTV with HDMI hookup. I could play Assassin’s Creed and Call Of Duty for days. He also downloaded the demo for Gran Turismo 5 :wow. That game should be reason enough to get it. The only downside I guess is the initial cost of the unit.

No good games.

Wait til Microsoft releases 360 with Blue-ray should happen very soon. They already said its coming out :slight_smile:

i guess the ps3 is pretty solid now

might wanna hold off till summer bryan. there was talks of a slim ps3 coming out. which means price drop.

wow they are already making it small that means lol perfect for mounting inside of a car hahaha

yup! there was something on tv about it. sony shrunk the size of the blu ray player a good amount. if you search the web you might be able to find some of the artwork done showing what it might look like.

thats crazy but i mean you really cant expect anything to stay “large” for that long now you think its going to be the size of the ps2 like core or whatever they call it

great, so the 360 will be able to play blu-ray movies, but will it be able to play games burned to a blu-ray disc? NOPE!!! 360 games are on regular DVD discs which is limited to about 9 Gigs or so. Blu-ray has the ability for 50 Gigs. PS3!!! woooo!

Is that true? I had no idea blue-ray had such a huge storage capacity. :wow

yes sir!

“A dual layer Blu-ray Disc can store 50 GB, almost six times the capacity of a dual layer DVD.”

one of the big reasons it beat out HDDVD (IMO), which can only support 30GB

You’ll eventually see new 360 systems produced w/a blu ray player if Microsoft is smart. Once the programmers learn to really use the power of the system a regular DVD will not be able to hold a full game.

I feel bad for the people that bought the external HDDVD Drive. Wasnt that going for $200 or so?

Ebay
672 items found for: xbox 360 hd-dvd

I think the number is going to keep getting bigger :lol

yeah, but in order to do that the 360 will have to release a whole new version since the game drive reads DVDs only and not blu-rays.

I assume sony does not have exclusive rights to use a Blue-Ray player in a video game console?

It would almost be feasable for Microsoft to come out with “Blue Ray 360” and have all new games developed for both, or something or other.

There is no easy for Microsoft to keep supporting a dead format, while trying to cope with the new one.

wouldnt they just have to change the drive and w/e else is associated with breaking down the info?

Exactly. Which is what I think we’ll see in the future. I just dont see them sticking with selling just an external blu ray since the plan had been to eventually move the game disc over to the HD-DVD format.

HAHA, so far they have the 360 elite that included the HDMI connection and now they will have to put out another one with a blu-ray reader. So thats 3 total versions (including the first version) just to match the ps3 :slight_smile: