PS3 will sell out like crazy!

Funny. If they are so hot…

why are people selling them at less than retail on egay?

http://search.ebay.com/PS3_W0QQfromZR40QQfrtsZ600QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsbrsrtZl

Sony, tsk tsk tsk. At an investor meeting, some guy with the last name Howard pretty much brushed off Nintendo for being any type of competitor to the PS3…

lol

honestly… I have nothing really against the PS3. I’m sure it’s a great gaming machine (and superior in alot of ways)… but SONY’s arrogance to think that people would be lining up in herds to buy a 600 console is their downfall.

I, personally (and I know alot of others that feel the same way) won’t even consider buying one until their in the 300.00 range brand new

Truth, im still holding off on the 360. The playstation is a great piece of hardware but not worth the difference in cost.

ok, that’s fine, but WTF is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLIONARE-Mystery-box-auction-PS3-Nintendo-Wii-HDTV_W0QQitemZ130070637223QQihZ003QQcategoryZ102534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Weird. On a different note, that pic of the CSL is hot.

Packaging everything together will probably be their downfall.

Subtract the BlueGay drive, minus 100-200

Subtract the built in wireless, minus 50-100

PS3 with the 60GB drive, controller and cables is suddenly right there with the XBox 360 on price.

Sell the other things as accessories, and people will still buy them, a month or two after they recover from the $400 they spent on the system.

i was doing some ps3 vs wii tracking today. ps3’s were available at about 8 out of 12 stores online for retail price, with or without buying the bundles.

there were NO wii’s or wii bundles available.

$ 600 is just too much.

Thank you. Good job $ony.

Both systems aren’t worth the money you pay for unless there are games to play. Unfortunately for Sony, their heavy hitters won’t drop until late this year or early 2008.

Once Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid X, Ninja Gaiden II (yeah, you heard right, they are making one for PS3), etc drop, then you will see sales pickup. Right now game selection for the PS3 is iffy at best.

Xbox has a few good titles out, so it’s easier for them to sell.

Now that I just built a PC, I highly doubt I will get either console unless some game just completely blows me away.

The thing that is pushing me toward getting an xbox over building a PC right now is the ability to rent games from blockbuster and burn them.
I have blockbuster online for movies, and I get two in store rental coupons per month that I can use for movies or games. If I get a 360 it wouldn’t take me long, or cost me anything, to build up a pretty good selection of games.

I have a 360 and I couldn’t be happier.

:word:
And Rick, Ninja Gaiden II will either be out for the 360 before the PS3, or be a dual release. And becuase of Sony’s (mostly Kutaragi’s) arrogance, Sony has lost exculsive rights on what would have been must have titles: Assassin’s Creed, Metal Gear (YES… Meatl Gear) and a few others. The developers got sick of waiting for Sony so they decided to jump ship and develop for a system that has already been proven.

And I know of at least 4 EB Games that currently have PS3 in stock. In fact they started a trade-in offer to upgrade from a PS2 to a PS3. They’re almost desperarte to sell them. :lol:

wii has built in wireless, doesnt seem to drive the cost up on that.

Where is JoesTypeS to comment on here on how Sony was gonna take over with the Blu-Ray, etc… I said it before and I’ll say it again, Sony selling the base PS3 for $499 is dumb as shit. MS also has some kick-ass titles, that helps.

whats a ps3?

kinda like beta max of the future.

I was seriously about to shit my pants after reading Rick’s post until I read this. Phew. If NG2 was PS3 exclusive, i swear id buy the fucking system just to play that game :shoot:

I really don’t get why everyone has such hate for PS3. I think its the most idiotic and dorky thing to sit and argue about which gaming system is the best.

Is there a way to do that with newer systems? The 360’s with newer disc drives are harder to reflash from what I have heard. I wouldn’t mind doing it with mine though.

It sounds like it. I haven’t fully researched it yet, just talked to one guy.