PSP-review

wow! I had a chance to play a little madden on one last night; that unit kick ass. I might have to get one of them. does any one have one?

Is there any thing better out there?

yeah its called XBOX :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnt spend 250 on that thing unless i needed something to do music on.
Umds are super over prices
the games most suck and the other are out on ps2/xbox

battlefront/socom/untoldlegends/maybe madden

50 bucks a games
plus 250 for the system
after those 4 games IMO
there isn’t jack left to play.

I just got one and its cool.

Only reason i have one is b/c my new boss handed me a gift card for $250 and said “go buy one, its great for all of your travel.” mmmm…okay, thanks.

otherwise, i wouldnt spend the money on it. Im not a gamer.

yeah my opinion is from a gamer perspective
its a good gadget for the non-gamer.
just not a nerd like me

Untold Legends?? You are a nerd.

GTA LCS is awesome, Hot Shots Golf, NFS Underground, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Burnout and Wipeout are all great games too.

I got one for xmas, its pretty cool. Ive still gotta pick up some games for it though :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a great system,its a little extreme though for just shitting around when you’ve got a few extra minutes.

Im getting one of these,nice and small,could probably shove it in my ass and not even notice.

yep. got me…

GTA LCS - is terrible and a crappy remake of 3 and is coming out on ps2 ~march
Hot Shots Golf - is on ps2 and tiger woods is better
NFS Underground - is on ps2 and better for it
Lumines - is good :slight_smile: forgot that one
Ridge Racer - gets old fast i beat that whole game during breaks at work in 2 weeks
Burnout - on ps2 and is WAY better for it
Wipeout - i didn’t like

as far as games FOR the psp it lacks Bunch of crappy remakes for a handheld that they took content out of is what it has I would rather play original stuff and not deal with 2 min load times for a handheld.

I got one and I play Tiger Woods '06, NBA Live '06, Twisted Metal Head on, NFS Most wanted. I got them all pretty damn cheap too because Media Play was going out of business.

Of course games for PS2 are going to be better than PSP. But with portability you have to expect that. GTA is terrible?? Wow you are the first person I have heard say that.

Have you played Mercury at all yet? I thought that game looked pretty cool.

:word: All those games are hot.

Mercury does look very cool

and GTA i was so looking forward to and got my hands on, and then
I just kept thinking this is JUST gta 3…
I bet it would have been better if i hadnt just been playing GTA:SA
So maybe terrible is a bit harsh but i expected alot more inovation

(happy no one is yelling about me being a picky asshole with my games, this is generated by being a hardcore nerd and working at a game store)

I like the PSP… for one main reason… I use it a LOT more than my PS2…
Now that I have a GF the time I get to spend gaming is kinda low… Anything on the PS2 requires a 30-40 min investment…
I’ll usually play my PSP about 30 min before bed if there’s no one else in it… and I’ll play it waiting for my food to cook, or While dropping the cosby kids off at the pool.
My usual investment in a game at one period of time is 10-30 min for the PSP… Unless I"m doing laundry which increases it to 1-2 hours.

I have Lumines, Untold Legends, Socom and GTA: LCS. Lumines and Untold Legends are great for those 5-10 min sessions… Socom and GTA take up a lil longer… but are still tailored for short missions.

I like my psp, of course the games are better on the home system but for a portable sytems the games kick ass, I am at work and I take GTA, NFS (both versions), star wars and Tiger Woods with me and it passes my time, I dig it now more than I did when I got it, I updated the software from 1.5 to 2.6 and dig the new features it has.
I havent bought socom yet, but plan on it this week. I was even thinking of getting the hard drive for it

when the price comes down I will buy one. I would not play it enough to warrant spending $250