Congrats! looks like a smooth start up!

Looks and sounds awesome!

nice:wackit:
i like the way you routed the lines and turbo piping- very different from mine

congrats

awesome

Sweet…sounds good brandon :cool:

sweet! can’t wait to see what kind of times it runs

i went to pull it outta the garage, and the power steering pump puked out all the fluid. I’ll pull the accessory bracket off tonight. I’m having another one delivered to Napa this morning, so i can drive it tomorrow.

My trip to Detroit is scheduled for next friday, hope the truck can make it.

It runs, its loud. Spooling no boost, the turbo ring’s your ears out.

I’m smoothing the tune out, then i’ll start adding boost.

Ordered a turbo blanket.

I have a vacuum leak, causing a high idle.

saw the truck yesterday.
did an awesome job on it.
good luck with the tune.

SyTy friend of mine in Cincinnati called me last night.

he had his truck out at a Taco Bell, and a guy approached him. Said he bought a Syclone new in 1991. He told my buddy the VIN code, and its the same as my truck. Small world. Trucks gone from Ohio, to Detroit, to Minneapolis, to Pittsburgh.

and on its 3rd, possibly 4th motor. In 40k miles. :doh:

and nobody had enough brains to put an 8 banger in it yet :doh:

Truck has come a long way. Congrats.

lol, people always ask, why i didnt put a V8 in it, it would be cheaper. I tell them, If i had enough brains… i wouldnt have bought a Syclone. :bigthumb:

it’s jumped sideways on me twice so far. i might have to buy some stock shares at BFGoodrich, cause i’m gonna burn through these meats pretty quickly.

i seem to have the qwerks worked out of it.

it was missing. due to spark plugs boots working their way off the plugs, so i got a set of Taylor 8.2s, and they seem to be staying on.

I’ve tuned to about 15psi (stock max boost). and there is 0 knock. i spiked it to 18-19 a couple times, with 0 knock. havent hooked the methanol up yet. but i’m planning to run max boost at 25psi.

i was surprised, the G-forces dont seem more then last year. but it move a ton quicker. speedo seems to climb as fast as the tach, lol. not much of a powerband, 3k to 5.5k. from idle to the stall 3k, it feels like it has less power then last year, but once you break into boost, it runs to 15psi in the blink of an eye. and wants to keep climbing.

i tried a boost launch with Pat, but i couldnt spool it quick enough, which is alright, cause i dont wanna break anything on a launch.

i might get a higher converter later, once everything is broken in.

but once you it passes 5psi, it takes off like a rocketship.

He could have just bought a regular s-10 if he wanted to go that route. Theres just something about an AWD turbo truck thats badass.

got to agree with you there

just ran thru a sobriety checkpoint, and got busted for outdated inspection.

he tried to get me for the windshield sticker too. i argued that its factory.

he said, expect stuff in the mail. :blah:

that sucks
just call it an amusement tax that hotrodders have to pay:rolleyes:

:ugh2: