Public Speaking

Anybody ever take the class. I have to do a informative speech tomm. and dont have time to write a paper… anyone have one laying around that they could email me or anyone have a easy topic i could do research on?

I did the NHL Lockout a couple years back. Pretty much just spoke on what I knew. I think it helps to do a topic your already familiar with. Pick something you know.

thats what im trying to look at but the topics i know may sound boring … i think the best topics are diseases or something along that line

Just remeber you’ll be getting graded on your preparation, and knowledge of the subject. I have heard some really boring speakers before. Usually its boring because they are telling me things I already know.

If you do a topic that isn’t as mainstream, you’ll actually be teaching people some things they might not know.

EDIT: My topic worked because the professor was a sixty-some year old woman who had no clue about sports. I sounded like Gary Bettman up there!

Do an informative speach on the history of the donut. Why you might ask?

1. Supplies are available 24/7
    1a. Said supplies double as a tasty treat
  2. You can eat it when you are done
  3. Everyone knows what it is, but not how it’s made
  4. You could also cover the health impact it has made on society as a hole.
  5. Economic impact of Starbucks on towns and surrounding businesses
  6. Wikipedia is your god right now.

lol, don’t have time to write a paper? Stay up all night… I vote for doing something you already know too.

I did euthanasia but it’s not on this computer :slight_smile:

alright got a topic / paper from a friend and re did it all to make it sound legit / speaking terms… im doing drug testing in school… should work

some kid did “how to roll a blunt”

when i was a student in public speaking, i did ‘‘different sex positions.’’ now im the teaching assistant. let me know if you need any more help.

umm … never use a paper and try to public speak it…i fucked up big time, huge pause and such… and then after i was done the teacher asked if i was drunk now or when i wrote it…