Pulled over for "pop can" exhaust

never know about that…joined :slight_smile:

this noise level that u guys speak of can also be applied to car stereos and stuff. if ur car stereo is too loud, then u are violating a noise decible law.

98_formula had an open Y for a little while also, and he lives right by a police station … and i know for a fact that you could hear the car idle in his driveway from said police station … didnt have a problem

ive also never had a problem with any of my shitboxes, the best was the grand am which had a backwards cherry bomb for 2 weeks, side exit … no cop ever cared

I’d rather get pulled over :ohnoes:

Maybe I will paint it then. If I keep the car.

The truth is there is no written rule, each cop makes it up as they go along, they each give you different answers cause none of them actually know the law.

Sad but true. Like NWA said…“Fuck the Police”

Shoulda told him “LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES SIR” :angel:

LOL The SPT exhaust is really not that loud either. Too bad its winter and no harleys went by so you could point them out.

[quote=“SI01"”]

Trooper: Your “pop can” is too loud.

[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: thats great

ARGH : http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2957

[quote=“StrictlyQuickly,post:46,topic:24372"”]

The truth is there is no written rule, each cop makes it up as they go along

[/quote]

Fucking. Wow. Yes there is a written rule. Any exhaust louder than what it came from the factory with is illegal. See link above.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:48,topic:24372"”]

Too bad its winter and no harleys went by so you could point them out.

[/quote]

I did just that once, Got me in a lot more trouble. Its so true tho.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:51,topic:24372"”]

Fucking. Wow. Yes there is a written rule. Any exhaust louder than what it came from the factory with is illegal. See link above.

[/quote]

And the cop should have known that. See point of thread.

because it dosent sound like a sewing machine.