putting on OEM side skirts. tape or no tape?

I hit the search button
didnt come up with anything
I’m sure anyone who has actually put them on their s13’s know what im talking about,

how do you get them to fit properly with no “gap” between the skirt and rockers.

I was just curious where do I get some side skirt tape?
body panel tape,
the durable stuff,thick and strong,
the stuff that held oem sideskirts on for the past 18 years,

>??

or better yet,
how are you guys mounting sideskirts without ruining paint & making it look flush (no molding)
??

i tried some CT tape, it didnt work,

I tried some seriously old 2 way tape I found in my basement thats ment for furnature,
it worked, but it was very thin & I dont have enough.

suggestions for OEM side skirts on an s13???

they’re supposed to have a plastic piece that fits between the skirt and the rocker, it isn’t needed, but it helps the fitment.

use 3M double sided tape, worked well for me.

use windshield urethane and sand both surfaces before applying , it’ll never come off lol

the 3M body tape is really good, but it works the best when it’s hot, especially since it’s getting cold out. Heat it with a heat gun on low, then stick it on. You may have to tape or clamp it, but if you do it right it will hold for a long time.

Yeah the 3M tape is what i Used + Rubbing Alcohol, use rubbing Alcohol to clean the surfaces so that it will stick really well and you should be able to get them to mount nicely and flush. I also suggest to use Zip ties, for holding them on, they work insanely well =D

^^ that will essentially burn the clear coat and the paint right off in that selective area. If moisture were to get underneath the tape, which does happen, that area is going to rust. your better off using 400 grit and giving it a slight buff, so that you can slightly see primer but not really, and then applying.

I don’t suggest doing either, use outdoor enamel or urethane adhesive for homes. That stuff is permanent, we’re talking 10-15 years of bondage.

If you dont plan on taking them off again…use urathane. Thats what they were held on with from the factory.

what kind of urethane? and where can you buy it?

urethane glue, you should be able to find it @ napa, possibly part source, but part source is almost the same as canadian tire so I can’t vouch for them.

lol i didnt put anything on my jdm sides and they look like they were from factory.