Q: racing harness

racing harness … i was looking at getting some racing harness for my s14 but what i wanted to know was if i could just bolt them to the bolts that hold my stock seats in place and if it would be safe to do that or if i had to get a harness bar behind my seats for the belts so let me know guys cause i would really like to get some

DO NOT FASTEN THE SHOULDER HARNESS TO THE FLOOR.

For details on the right way go here:http://www.wcma.ca/2003%20Technical%20Regulations%20-%20Race.pdf Pages 64-66. These are the race reg’s and refer to 5 and 6 point belts, but the mounting procedure is the same for all.

In other words get a harness bar, OR connect the shoulder harness to your rear child seat mounts, or make mounts under your hatch(if applicable) this may require custom shoulder harnesses for length. On my Spec-V I ran the shoulders back to the child seat clips behind the base of the rear seat. I bolted the lap belts to the factory belt locations.

where cani get a harness bar or can i just make 1and how much i have a s14…

Perhaps you could rig something up on your rear strut bar? In my car the shoulders are bolted to the back seat belts…

i dont think i would trust a strut bar to hold up in a crash…

No to the strut bar.

You can bolt to the cargo floor if you reinforce the bolt locations so that the bolts won’t pull through.

Call me if you’d like to go over your options.

Trevor
403-203-4419

rear seat belts and get eyelet screw in bolts to attach the harness to