Racing seat - Need some help (update)

Okay so im getting my seat brackets on friday but i just noticed something,the seatbelts on a 240 are mounted to the stock seat…so how am i going to put the seatbelts in when i have the racing seats? please help… :frowning:

u just gotta unbolt them off the stk seat
and should be able to mount them onto the seat rails on the bucket seat u getting…
atleast thats wat my friend do w/ his car

If you get 4 point harnesses, you just get a bar made where the feet of your rear passengers should be. Although i do believe that to be safe with a racing harness the bar is really SUPPOSED to be mounter shoulder height behind the driver. How i do not know.

hes asking about a regular seat belt not a harness :lol:

And the Harness Needs to be mounted at roughly should height (forget exactly what angle) or else it will do more worse then good, it can permently damage your spine and do other damage that even not wearing a seatbelt would incure. the harness is supposed to be mounted to a bar on the roll cage i believe

^^^ Leo needs to read that. HAHA his is mounted where his old rear seats used to be haha!!!

btw… I think using a 4 point harness for daily driving is illegal.

yea it is and iirc your insurnce company wont insure you if you have one

:shock:

Wow, i had no clue. Thanks for the heads up!

Wearing a 4-point seatbelt is not illegal. NOT wearing the stock 3-point is illegal.

Yeah not a harness jsut the stock seatbelts…ill look on the seat…threre not a hole to put anything in…maybe ill try to get a picture?

Are you using the stock mounting points for your seat brackets? There is a bolt where the brackets actually mount to the side of the transmission tunnel; Remove the seat belt clip from the stock seat (it’s one bolt) then you can put it on the transmission tunnel bolt and then mount the bracket up. Works great with my Recaro w/ stock modified rails.

B-Wurm :smiley:

Are you saying bolt the seatbelt in with one of the holes from the seat rail ?

Thats pretty much what hes saying…with my seat its a bit difficult to get to the portion of the buckle thats now bolted to the trans tunnel because its lower than it would be on the factory seat. I think its a nut there…not a bolt like the other 3 mounting locations for the seats frame rail. Just bend the seat buckle or wedge something between it and the trans tunnel to push it outwards because it will be pressed hard against the tunnel and will be a bit difficult to buckle and unbunkle yourself.

Thnaks guys…well ill see how this goes and post the finished product…or ill be coming bakc with more questions lol

You don’t want your harness to be more than 20degrees sloping downwards. If your harness is FIA or SFI approved then it is legal for street use. Insurance is a different story.

Its also ok to bolt your harness to whatever you want so long as you run it over a bar that is around shoulder height, the bar will change the angle of force the harness exerts on you.

But you want to keep the harness AS SHORT as possible, because the longer the harness the more it will stretch in an accident and on a second impact (like a second roll over for example) you’ll be thrown around that much more.

I know its off topic but its just good saftey info :slight_smile:

or you could make a small braket and weld it to the seat base, then you can put it anywere you want no fuss.

I went to pick them up and i got some story of that they dont ship many to canada so im probley going to have to wait a long time to get them…ugh…why is it so hard to get seats into my car…does anyone know a shop where i can take it and they can do it becasue i do not have a welder to do anything and i dont know anyone with a welder either…so help…? i never knew it was so impossible to put seats in a car :evil:

I am talking about the seat brackets here ^^

SO …does anyone know a shop that will just install these seats for me with seatbelts becasue i am sick of running around ive been trying to get them in since may. all i need is some one to make brackets and then have the seatbelt attacted properly too…im looking for a professinal job as this would be a safty issue and all.

Thnaks.

I really don’t see the problem, I’ve done seat swaps

changed out my k-car’s bench seat to a pair of acura buckets… cousins’ suzuki seat’s to vw seats… same thing applied, removing the latches from the seats and bolting them to the tunnel

I’ve made seat rails from universal sliders before as well, depending on the seats you can sometimes remove and modify them

have you tried ordering the right ones, what prices were you getting?