Harness Seat Liners?

I need to find where I can buy these. Not sure of the real name but heres a picture from Corbeau.http://www.corbeau.com/products/accessories/chrome_harness_slots/
What I’m doing is cutting two holes (or maybe one middle one) in my stock seats to install them.

ANY help will be appreciated. They can be square, rectangular…whatever shape.

u need to not worryabout your seats and worry about getting your tig up and running =)

Corbeau sells them, so do most of the other seat makers…sometimes you just have to call them and ask for a replacement. Keep in mind that they are designed to snap together in the middle, so you’ll have to get creative to use them with a thick plush stock seat.

I have a question though…since harness shoulder belts are designed to leave your body (heading toward the rear mounts) at a specific angle, and terminate in a manner that is a few inches higher than your shoulder…ie a harness bar or roll bar. Are you short enough that going through a stock seat places them in the correct orientation? You do know that mounting harnesses that will go over your shoulder and then down to the floor pan is extremely unsafe right? That is worse than no harness, it’ll compress your spine on impact.

Yes sir. I was planing on welding up a harness bar or installing a roll bar soon so it is within the known safe angle.

I never though of the thickness of the seat though! That is a good point i need to think about.

Can you route them over the back of the seat, like in between the headrest and the lower section? Lot’s of 4pt harnesses can be routed that way. I figure you’ll need to mock it up a few ways to be sure…

ANother recommendation would be to NOT rely on the stock belt mounting locations, especially for 5pt. Pegasus racing sells clip-in eyelets and tabs for cheap…that way you can optimal placement and instant quick release for the street.

I’ll check into it. Plans have changed from a harness bar to a cage/roll bar. I was going to purchase one 5 point harness (so I’ll be legal for the track) closer to the season starting up. The 4 points are mainly for street duty since big heavy 5 points get annoying after awhile. AND i hate the stock auto belts.

Why would you advise not using stock mounting locations. for the lap belt I was planning on using the stock mounts/bolts. I have saw the eye hooks and was hoping to use them for the 5 point so its removable.

The reason I suggested that is solely belt placement. If you sit in your seat, like you were driving…lay the lap belt down on your lap and see where the ends fall…I’d be willing to bet they aren’t near the OEM anchor locations. IIRC mine fell like almost 6 inches away. If you mount them where they fall, the belt travels in a straight line to the center latch, instead of turning and twisting when bolted to the OEM anchors. The eye bolts and quick release latches are just a very simple and effective way of mounting them securely, and ease of remvoal if needed. If you buy eye bolts, make sure they are forged…not bent.

stop fucking around with an OEM seat?

x2

i have an aftermarket corbeau and I dont like the look. oem seats are the way to go.

why toss an oem seat? i know i have personally done what he is asking for customers at work w/ their stock seats. should they toss a stock seat to get a “cheaper” aftermarket one???

oem can make nice seats–just they dont think ahead to put holes in for belts as they don’t design shit around track use.

well my point is that if the OEM placement of the seat is a hazard to the safety of the belts, then it’s kind of pointless to mess around with placement as it will never have the correct angle. If it’s a matter of making it work, then I can see why some OEM seats might be worth it… I sort of assumed the OEM seat was junk / never going to work.

A harness on a stock seat is useless IMO, not saying it can’t work…but I personally would NEVER want to be harnessed into a seat that has the capability to fold in half. No fucking thanks.

I’m Sorry. :frowning: