Harness suggestions.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice harness for my car. I’m pretty set on either black or grey so no red or anything crazy.

It must work with my harness bar. Do they sell loops for harness bars?

Would these be a good choice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pair-MOMO-Italy-4-Point-Harness-Safety-Belt-Gray-2_W0QQitemZ170293010819QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170293010819&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Schroth - http://www.soloracer.com/schroth.html

Corbeau - http://www.soloracer.com/corbeaubelts.html

4 or 5 pt harness with that bar. I’ve heard too many horror stories about 3 pt belts to consider them.

PS- http://www.soloracer.com/autocontrol.html

Sounds neat and is supposedly fucking awesome. If I had the need for harnesses, I’d cough up the extra chicken and get two of these.

I had a RCI 5point or whatever, and it was fine. Used a Burkhart chassis bracket for the sub belt, I bought off there booth at the shootout. Bolts right to the stock seat studs in the floor of a 4th gen. Its really nice, light ass cromoly, TIG’d and powder coated almost to nice for just a bracket. The sholder belts just loop over the crossbar, I like that better then the tabs that are on a turboGTO new era did. My bolt in wolfe rollbar had a loop, but you don’t really need them, if you have a correct seat for a harness.

The stock camaro seat is REALLY dangerous to work with shoulder straps, I never really used them, just had to make it look like they “worked” for NMCA tech. I wouldn’t use them going around a seat.

the autocontrol looks pretty badass for a street / strip car.

Couple of questions…

What’s the harness going to be used for?

Are you going to use the stock seats?

The harness will be used for my extreme street driving, and maybe some other fun track events. I will be going with sparco’s or corbeaus eventually.

I wish I could find a harness bar for my car :frowning:

Somebody on the boards was selling one of these a month back or so… These are perfect if you’re gonna be doing a lot of street driving.

I have never used them but I hear great things about Schroth. I will be getting Schroth’s once my car is finished lol.

I really can’t believe they don’t make them!? Try to fabricate one your self, then produce them…profit!

Everyone is doing roll cages :frowning: and seriously how can I fuck a girl when there is a roll cage in the car…

Just keep in mind you won’t pass tech at any real track days with 4 points because they are dangerous, with the lack of a sub belt. Stock seats don’t have a place to mount a sub belt properly either. I would say at the very least get different seats and 5 point camlocks, but 6 or 7 points are ideal.

that’s not true at all… a long as the 4 point is installed correctly it’s no less safe than a stock belt and will pass tech fine.

7 points?! Where the hell do all 7 points go? I am not putting a seat belt into my rectum if that is what you were going for.

You could tire her to the cage then f- her?

True. If it is incorrectly installed it can cause serious neck, back or death in the event of a roll over or crash

As far as I understand it…

Stock three-point belts allow your right shoulder to come forward. So with the crossover rather than the double straps of a four point, the three-point belts keep the forward momentum from driving your body up or down, which in turn keeps the lap belt across your pelvis as it’s supposed to be.

Also seeing that 4 points lack anti-sub belts when theres a frontal collision, the body’s forward momentum causes a downward force in response to the pressure of the shoulder straps.

This causes the lap belts ride upwards, coming off the pelvis and into the abdominal area (soft organ structures).

So basically with 5/6/7 point belts the anti-sub strap keeps the lap belts on the pelvis to prevent abdominal injury to soft organs from the lap belt.

Also I know each PCA region sets it’s own rules when it comes to HPDE’s but I know some of them at least follow this.

Harness Systems: If the participant chooses to install a 5 or 6 point driving harness ( four point systems are not safe and therefore not allowed) several changes to the automobile must be made to create a safe occupant restraint system. Harnesses must include a antisubmarine strap and be mounted in an approved manner consistent the manufacturer’s instructions. The Harness system must be used in conjunction with a seat which has the supplied routing holes for the shoulder and anti-submarine belts. All pieces of the restraint system must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.

This means that a seat is required to have the proper routing holes for the harness as supplied by the seat manufacturer for the shoulder and anti-submarine straps. The shoulder straps should be mounted at 90 degrees to the axis of your spine or at most 40 degrees down from horizontal. Because the addition of the harness system means that the occupants are fastened upright in the vehicle, a properly padded roll bar or roll cage is strongly encouraged to complete the SYSTEM. The use of one without the other may result in an unsafe environment and is not a COMPLETE SYSTEM. Due to UV degradation and wear the harness webbing must be replaced every five years.