Harness

is it legal to have a racing harness or a 4 point seat belt?? i leave in ottawa and some guy told me that you can geta ticket in toronto but dont know in ottawa… and F*ck guys we all know racing harness is much more better to a regular seat belts and way way way way way more saftier :/: and look way way way 100x better :stuck_out_tongue:

have em on and buckle up lol at least ur happier n safier

u MUST have the oem seatbelt still there.
and technically have it on… but im sure the cop wont harass u for having the harness on over the oem.

BUT again by law. OEM must be on.

try checking your blind spot with it on…and why would you want that harnes son the street anyways.

Romeny, cars not going anywhere till youknow what. :slight_smile:

so it means i cant wear just the harness?? if that so thats sucks no point of buying the harness unless im if the car will be track car :frowning:

Why would you get that for a daily driver? It’s so much hassle…if you really want, you can get a harness but only use it when you’re on the track.

If you plan on driving around with a harness on the street, you might as well put some JDM beginner driver stickers on your car. It’ll give you the same poser effect.

Wow, this thread is horrid.

Roll your car a couple times. Smash it all up. Have only seconds left to live. Now rather then cutting just one belt; still a side from the roof and what ever else; they now need to cut 6. Lessening your chance of living. O.E seat belts of today suffice very good results. If they didn’t. Well come on. Racing seat belts are for just that. Racing.

Why the hell would you want a harness if you never track your car? Even if I did track my car. I would hate having the harness laying in the car when Im not using it.

Go get some “Titanium Lugzors” while your at it.

+1

In short…yes, therere no point in buying a harness unless it’s a track car or you are buying the the harness for the track only.

lots of cars at importfest have harnesses and dont go to track

even have takata harnesses!!!

+1! That’s true! I wonder why. :slight_smile:

well guys im newbie cuz im a biker hehehhe!! dont know about car sorry if the question is kinda dumb heheheh!! but yea for me harness looks cool dont know with others but yea thx for the advice and the answers… anyways im buying the harness still cuz its going to be a track and same time as a showcar so i guess ill get it :smiley: thx again :smiley:

your…welcome

Track + Showcar ?

Ferrari?

Wow, this thread is horrid.

Roll your car a couple times. Smash it all up. Have only seconds left to live. Now rather then cutting just one belt; still a side from the roof and what ever else; they now need to cut 6. Lessening your chance of living. O.E seat belts of today suffice very good results. If they didn’t. Well come on. Racing seat belts are for just that. Racing.

Why the hell would you want a harness if you never track your car? Even if I did track my car. I would hate having the harness laying in the car when Im not using it.

Go get some “Titanium Lugzors” while your at it.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m racing I rather have a 6pt harness holding me in if i crash than an oem belt.

Perhaps I should of been a little clearer. Although I thought I was clear…obviously not clear enough.

Even if I had a 6 point (which I do in my truck) [for racing] when I am driving on the street, I do NOT want to even have it in my truck/car. Looks like shit laying around. Draws attention. It’s pretty dumb really. Put it in for the track and that’s it.

I think any one would feel pretty stupid if you were wearing a fucking racing harness and a cop pulled you over and busted a gut laughing at how fucking retarded you look.

They are called racing harness’ for a reason. For racing.
If O.E belts were not good enough…don’t you think ALL cars would have 6-point’s? Roll cages?

Do not even bring up some of the expensive cars in to this. I have seen factory cars (not in person) that have harness’.

Exactly.

I’m thinking about getting a harness for my car but just for the track. Put it on before the track and take it off after the track. I’d never rock it on the street. You look like a douchebag wearing it.

Where do you guys mount your 4 point harness’?

Wouldn’t you want a harness with a roll cage? What’s the point of a harness without a cage?

If you crush the roof with or without a harness and no roll cage, does it really matter?

The harness holds you in your seat better on the track IMO.

With my OEM seat I slide around a bit. With the harness I’m tight up against the seat with no room for moving.

racing harness must be used with a cage or you risk serious injury in a rollover… If you roll over and the roof crushes in because you do not have a cage and you are wearing a 4, 5, 6, point harness the harness will not allow your body to move and bend down one way or another with the oem one will allow you to do… in turn death/ serious injury is more likely overthe oem one… now if you have a racing harness with a cage and said cage is certified as well as the harness is certified and sfi approved and the car has seen a shop to make sure said harness is properly secured as well being run in a "racing seat " that will properly run the harness over your shoulders and not allow said harness to pinch your neck in a hard impact then yes you can run a harness safely and legally in your car