QCR 4 sale!?!

I dont know if this is old news or not, but when i was leaving quakercity raceway today i noticed they have a for sale sing sitting out front. dont have any details but i hope whoever buys it leaves the track open and doesnt decide to put a fuckin plan of homes in or some b.s. like that.

its been for sale for years, funny the sign is still up. i thought it was sold already

really? damm i guess i just never noticed it.

i heard BFI was buying it??? would suck if it got turned into a dump. would probably still be better than prp though :slight_smile:

I wonder how much it would cost to run a dragstrip. I guess there is one that has been shut down for years, somewhere out this way, near PMS. Some guy owns the land, but wont sell it. My fiances dad always talks about how they drag raced there in the 60’s and 70’s, He took me some back way through woods and shit to show me where it was, the track is shot, and the stands are shot, but it would be great if someone would convince that guy to sell the land and then open it back up. I think it would be an awesome investment, you’d probably bring in a good bit of money, youd have to pay to have EMS people and shit there, and the insurance would probably be some ridiculous amount, but i still think you could make a lot of money owning a track.

id like to check the old track out. pm me cause im out that way all the time:)

can’t we all pitch in and have PittSpeed Raceway Park?

Yeah, I’ll take you out there…it really is a shame to know its there, and could be fixed back up and used…but some douche wont sell the land.

I thought the same thing, but I dont think even if all of us combined our income, we could afford it. I dont know how much you’d have to offer the guy to convince him to sell, but im sure its a ton.

Are you talking about PID? Pittsburgh internatioal Dragway? They have reunions all the time. It was also use as a airport runway. Its by Bridgeville. And it can not be used as a drag strip or a runway anymore due to noise ordances in effect now.