QCR is at the end

http://www.leehostetter.com/content/article.html/23803

If we all chipped in…

Mmmmm, soft serve ice cream machine.

:sadwavey:

for the machine or track?

wow, id really like to pick up that golf cart they have. I wonder how much it would go for.

All of it!

How cool would it be to own a drag strip. But obviously it isn’t such a great thing or it wouldn’t be for sale. Probably better buying it and developing it for houses.

The track owner and employees ran it into it’s current position. Back when mossey’s owned it, It was actually fun to go there. Since 99, it’s all been going downhill.

Still, it’s sad to see any strip close.

Thank heaven for the Tedesco Brothers or PRP (Keystone) would have suffered the same fate.

anyone hear who bought it? it was supposed to be auctioned just a few days ago. from what i heard there was only a few people bidding on it and most of them wanted to keep it open.

nevermind, just found this. it didn’t sell…

Published: Sunday, February 25, 2007
QUAKER CITY RACEWAY

QUAKER CITY RACEWAY

The Vindicator/William D. Lewis

NO SALE: Wayne Mros of Clinton, Pa., takes a photograph of a snow-covered Quaker City Raceway. Mros, who has raced at the track outside Salem, attended an auction Saturday. Daniel Swindell, above left, the owner, talks about the failure of the auction to produce a buyer. Auctioneer Lee Hostetter, above right, indicates $1.2 million during bidding. Though no suitable bid was received for the drag strip, surplus equipment and supplies were sold.

i was just wondering too
that sucks

does that mean it stays open?

no?

i got an invite to the SVT track rental day, so i guess its still open

yeah, i don’t see how they’re gonna keep it open now that they sold off all of the equipment to maintain it and everything.

Original FLASH LITE DRAGS BACK AGAIN ?

^^ lol

no :frowning:

if 1500 of us could pitch in a grand a piece, we could buy it…lol

whats so funny fuckhead?

why dont you stand in front of a moving 18 wheeler.