Quaker City Raceway is coming back!!

Hot News From QCR
Over the last few days QCR has been approached by a group of racers looking to purchase Quaker City Raceway. This is great news for the racers in the area but there is still a ways to go before racing can resume at QCR. The group has serious investment behind them but more investment is required. Would you like to own a piece of Quaker City Raceway? On May 8th @ 7:30 pm a meeting will be held at the dragstrip for SERIOUS INVESTORS ONLY so come along and help preserve a racing heritage. Pending the outcome of the meeting, the track may be open soon.

http://quakercityraceway.com/

Anyone know what they’re doing? Floating a bond, obtaining JV with another racetrack, finding VC or approaching a bank for moolah?

I’d love to know the terms of the investment. I guess if nobody’s called/will say here, I will and report back their proposed terms.

please god no more prp.

I haven’t heard anything new on the ownership of the track, but I’ll definitly be attending the June 22-24 meet.

That track is the biggest piece of shit I have ever been to…

The meeting failed. I was approached by Mark Mazzant about becoming an investor. You know, Because everyone has $10k lying around for fun.

I heard it was a little more than that :confused:

How much was the base amount they were looking for? They’d have had a better chance of floating 1000 CCC bond at 8% coupon and $1000 face value than approaching 10 people and asking for 100K each.

I was told $10k. I’ve also heard $20k and $40k, But I guess it just depends on how much ownership you want of the track.

quaker city is sold and will reopen june 1st check it out quakercityraceway.com im really happy cause i hate driving 2 hours to get to prp and then pay 30 bucks to run 2 times maybe. they are redoing alot of quaker like repaving and stuff its gonna look nice.

woot

nice

sweet im like 20 minutes away from Quaker muahhahaha

great news , hoping to go june 1st

Gates Open at 5:00pm today Friday June 1st

wow this is great news

i’ll be heading over there soon depending on how thier new schedule is gonna go. i’m working 6 days/week now and i only get sundays off so i’ve just been beating up the little 1/8th mile track that’s right up the street from me lately.

no one went this weekend?

i was there friday nite

was a good time

this is my post from scs:

yes it was nice to be back there

myself, kevin, larry and charley went

they already run the track better than prp

get this guys

we made our first runs then the rain came - did they close??

no they waited out the rain brought out the drying equipment and we began racing again

i think charley got in like 5 or 6 runs even with the rain delay

glad the mazzants made this happen