Here we go again...QCR is now up for Auction

http://www.baerauctions.com/upcoming-auctions/quaker-city-race-way/

Hopefully someone will buy it and keep it running…

Really don’t need to lose any more strips in the area.

how many times has that place been up for auction?

not enough for blue, z06, grey, mach, jay, have the best wax ,to buy it…

:bowrofl:

this sucks, hopefully someone buys it and keeps it open

i talked with one of the owners about why they are selling. basically with insurance and all the other bills they where loosing money. and it seemed like he tried getting help from ihra and a few others to bring a event but just to small of a venue for it. if it dont sell he said they will make a few changes to track and see what 2011 brings

Word has made it back that the track was purchased by a salvage yard operator by the name of Norm Fox. He is going to keep it a race track! The track equipment package didn’t sell, which is ok because it was mostly junk. Mr. Fox is looking to buy new equipment, which is even better! Let’s hope it goes through this time. It went for $460K.

From a reliable source…

"I went out to Quaker City today for the auction. Pleased to say the place will continue as a drag strip. Norm Fox from the Malvern area bought the track for $460K. They tried selling off the parcels first, but nobody bid on anything. So they combined the parcels along with the track and I think there were 3 bidders. Michael Tedesco dropped out at $420K and someone else went to $440K.
It looks like the new owner will have a lot of equipment to buy though because it seemed to be all selling off.

Swindell turned down a much higher offer back in in '07 of around $1.2 million saying the place was worth #3 million."

woot

Interesting Tedesco went after it.

Indeed