Quesnell construction info

It has been requested in another thread, so I figured I would create and update a thread about the construction in and around Quesnell Bridge so you guys can know ahead of time what is going on down there and plan accordingly.

I am working on the project so post any questions or concerns you may have and I will do my best to answer them. We all know it fucking sucks blablabla, but keep your comments constructive.

Construction Info:
The big retaining wall North of Quesnell
Quesnell bridge/Fox Dr bridge rehab/3 more retaining walls
Campbell Bridge rehab
Fox Dr itself and new retaining wall.

There are 4 different contracts in that area and work will not be completely finished until the end of 2010.

For more info checkout
http://www.gov.edmonton.ab.ca/transportation/quesnell-bridge-and-whitemud-drive-widening-rehabilitation-project.aspx

Traffic Cameras:
WMD @ 149 St
Quesnell Bridge
WMD @ 53 Ave
Fox Dr

Traffic ALERTS:
Fox Drive will be CLOSED May 1st 9:00pm - May 4th 5:00am.
The only way to access Fox Drive is by Fox Drive off ramp WMD WB. If you are coming EB on WMD you will have to use the 53 Ave detour.

What about the massive holes by the gratings. Anyway to smooth that out so it doesn’t feel like Im going to break a wheel off…even going 10km/hr or slower. They are mostly all in the left lane. Right lane I noticed has some patches which is great.

can’t wait till its done !!! tillll then i am avoiding going west bound for sure and as much as i can eastbound

I should have mentioned im refering to Westbound. Eastbound is bad but nowhere near as bad as westbound.

COE is monitoring the complaints and will continue to fix the Quesnell bridge deck (man holes and catch basins) if the complaints continue…SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME IMPROVEMENT, GET YOUR COMPLAINTS IN TO THE CITY OF EDMONTON.

FYI:

To report broken glass, potholes or other roadway maintenance, call 311 (24 hours a day, 7 days per week)