Question about Clutch Operating Cylinder.

I’m sure this question is going straight out to left field, but hopefully someone has some knowledge of this area.

My CA swap is nearing completion, so when adding clutch fluid and filling up the lines I noticed a leak coming from the dust cover, I’m assuming fluid isn’t supposed to be inside, should there be a ring on the piston cup inside the operaing cylinder?

I still haven’t bled the air from the system yet, would that be a contributing factor?? or is it something more expensive? any comments would be a great help (probably)

Buy a new slave cylinder. Cheap at partsource.

Cheap as in pennies over 14 dollars.
I had the same problem with mine. the easyest way is to buy a 10mm line wrench and bypass the stock Dampener. Just route the line from the master cylinder directly into the slave cylinder. Then all it took was 2 minutes of bleeding.

The number markings on the slave cylinder are 11/16, (the ka has 3/4). Will i just be asking for a slave cylinder from an 87/88 pulsar or do these numbers have anything to do with it?

89-90 are 11/16 (shitty ones, more money)
90+ are all 3/4 (better ones, cheaper)

They all bolt up the same so get the newer one and you will enjoy the new pedel feel.

The master is the same for all years so it will not effect the clutch feel at all

I heard that the Nismo slave cylinde they sell for the s13 is just basically a Z31 slave cylinder (apparently its bigger). I might try this upgrade if mine starts leaking.

When i took out the pushrod and dust cover off the KA 3/4 the rod was smaller than the 11/16…will that make the “withdrawl lever” work improperly if it doesn’t move far enough? Or will the rod that comes with the 3/4 work w/ no problems?

I just went in and checked at Partsource and they have quoted me around $40 for the slave cylinder.

I asked for 90’ Pulsar… is that the right one?