WTB: Clutch Slave OR Master?

hey i am looking for a clutch master or slave cylinder.

i think i am looking for a slave since tha pedal was soft in the beginning wen i bought my car.

now tha pedal is all tha way down and it doesnt come back up.

so slave OR master OR both?

i got a oem nissan slave off my front clip $20 my number is in my sig

would that fix my problem fully? … need some advice on this too

don’t mean to hijack your thread, but i need a clutch master cylinder too, if anyoen has an extra, pelase let me know, or else i may pic kup avery’s if you don’t.

a couple things u gotta check first. are you leaking fluid from your master cylinder? if the fluid level is fine, u probably have to do a clutch pedal adjustment. my pedal used to hit the ground, i adjusted the push rod and it was fine for a couple years. now my master cylinder is leaking fluid, so i have to replace it.

i don’t believe the slave cylinder will have any affect on your clutch pedal, unless it is stuck open, in which case, your car wouldn’t go into gear and move.

i’d strongly suggest adjsuting the clutch pedal, its a bit of a bitch and back breaking, but really easy to do. its kinda difficult for me to type the procedure, i’m sure there is reading material online w/pics that would do a better job, or i’ll do it for you for a small fee.

good luck, take it easy, pm me if anyone has a master cylinder please and thanks

well the clutch pedal has sunk all tha way down to tha floor and wont disengage tha clutch. that my problem. so i dun think adjusting tha pedal would do me good.

i had to kick my clutch pedal up w/my big toe before i adjusted my pedal. you’d be surprised how much freeplay there could be and did u use dot 3 brake fluid? did u even check your fluid?

why don’t you try the potentially free fix before u go out buying parts u may not need?

bleed your brakes before you jump to conclusions.

brakes??? :? but i thought tha brake system has nutthin to do with tha clutch system.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha spilner

Clutch MC can leak internally “so you wont notice it leaking” it just goes back into the res… in which cause the slave wont really get much pressure and wont want to move…

Or, your MC could be leaking externally and you’d be losing fluid which you’d notice…

Or, your Slave is toast “so peal back the little rubber boot slightly and inspect it”

If you replace either or both… get them BRAND NEW!!! each are only in the $30-$35 area list price + tax as buying used your more then likely going to end up back in the same spot, so go new and never worry again since its only like $60 unless your poor and only have $20, lol.