SON, i got clutch problems

The story:
ok, a few weeks ago my clutch slave and master cylinder went on me. so i go it replaced by SG. everything was good and working.

then over time the friction point or the release point seemed to be moving higher and higher up the pedal. i know this seems very werid. when the car was fixed by SG the release point was in the middle of the pedal, but over time it seemed to be moving higher and higher until the point where i would touch the pedal with my toe and i can change gears.

anyway so i call sasha and i ask for some advice and he said to adjust the clutch pedal by adjusting the push rod and the interlock switch. so i did and to amazement it worked; but only for a short time.

Today on my way home there was very little clutch pedal friction. it felt like kicking a pillow, but worse it was very difficult to get the car into gear. i managed to get the car home. immediately i check the clutch fluid, it was full. no a drop was missing. then i went to adjust the clutch pedal again. i turned the push rod clock wise but the car does not go into gear. i tried adjusting again, the opposite way (counter clockwise) and the pedal is sucked into the floor board. and it still wont go into gear…

So brief summer for people who hate reading:

1. my clutch pedal feels like im kicking a pillow.
  2. i cannot engage into gear
  3. clutch fluid is full
  4. master and slave clutch cylinders were changed less then a month ago

what i am asking of SON:
give me you analysis. tell me what you think it is and give me a reason why and how i can go about fixing this. i am getting the car to SG next week so anything before that would help greatly

Regards
David

If you’re having clutch problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a clutch ain’t one.

Lmfao Lmfao Lmfao. Song from the famous Jay-Z

Have someone look at the slave cylinder to see if it is moving as you depress the clutch -if not try bleeding the clutch again- loosen the bleeder screw enough that fluid comes out by gravity-watch your fluid level- I’ve had to wait up to a couple of minutes–then tighten- top up fluid and bleed a couple of times using the clutch -top up fluid-

Yeah, what John said. Air in there will mess it up randomly.

There is something else that I have read about aswell.

Some aftermarket slave cylinders have a slightly longer rods then the original one, by about a 1/4 of an inch or so (The rod that pushes on the tranny fork). I know that Gautam has figured this out (Gonad). I can’t remember if he ground down the new rod or not, he might have actually used the old rod in the new slave.

PM him, he will be able to fill you in.

fyi: I have the same problem with the Kouki once in a while. I would adjust it for a couple of days, then it would go away for months.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? I’m experiencing a similar problem right now.

Cheers

Adam

If you still have the “damper box from hell” in your clutch system, get it out of there and just run the rigid right to the flex going to the slave, then bleed it and try that. Or PM me if you are in Barrie.

actually by the even more famous OG Ice-T

and i have no advice on your clutch