clutch hydraulic problem

i just removed my clutch dampner and in the process installed a new slave cylinder. i filled the system up with DOT 3 fluid and bled the system multiple times until only fluid was comming out. i checked for leaks and found none. the problem is my clutch pedal will go to the floor and not return unless i pull it back up. then it will work fine for couple presses and happen all over. did the master just go or is the new slave bad? whats up?

as long as the slave is not leaking fluid, then it is the master cylinder that is the problem.

… man that sucks.

god dammit whats next

Does it only sink to the floor if you press it in slowly? I had this problem
and found it is only when I press the clutch in slowly.

wouldn’t that mean that your mastercylinder piston seals are going, in which case if you got a new slave you would have incresed clutch response.

And Alex, I heard that sometime when you replace clutch/slave/remove damper, everything else goes at the same time, i think they are really delicate. Didn’t happen to me and i’ve done all 3, … maybe its just a matter of time for me.

ok i just sat under the car and had my dad push the clash pedal vigorously for a few minutes and the slave hose starting leaking. im hoping this was what caused it. so i retightened it, bled the system again and topped up with fluid and its working, for now. hope this was why and not my master.

bro, all you have to do is adjust the clutch pedal freeplay on the master. there is a 12mm nut (i’m not 100% certain on size, i believe its a 12 or 10mm). loosen it, then turn the pushrod connecting to the clutch pedal, coming out of the master cylinder, clockwise to tighten. Its kind of a trial and error process, but after removing the clutch dampener, you WILL feel that the force used to depress the clutch will be increased, and the tension on the return of the clutch will be alot stronger.

if you need help with the adjustment, pm me, i have to adjust my clutch pedal freeplay as well.

yeah its not bad adjusting it, just can be finiky, i dont think that is was the freeplay though, i think he meant the WHOLE petal went to the ground. but if there was a leak then i’m 98% sure that was the problem.

yes i know about adjusting the pedal. i have adjusted it properly. im pretty sure the leaking was the problem. i had to tighten up the slave hose alot and now its slightly twisted. im thinking i might get a SS braided hose. anyone know where i can get one for a decent price?

your problem sounds exactly like the problem i was having, until i pulled out the dampening system and adjusted the pedal freeplay. although a hose leak could be the problem, i still suggest you tighten the free play. you can buy a master cylinder rebuild kit for $16 at crappy tires. sorry, don’t know where to get ss line from (if you find out, lemme know please). i’d like some as well.

you should put a earls line in instead, rubber lines flex like brake lines and give false pedal feel, and since it is already somewhat leaking upgrade…