clutch problems

hey guys

i ran into a major problem today, i tried to drive my car, and the gears are not going in. pushing the clutch pedal completely down does nothing, aswell, when i shift into gear and try to start the car with the clutch pedal down, the car begins to move forward.

i had no real warnings that this would happen, i know my clutch was worn, but not to the point where it was slipping or anything else. when it ran fine (just yesterday for example), the gears didnt go in smooth when i downshifted (if it means anything), but it shifted up fine.

what am i looking at as potential problems, and does anyone know a legit mechanic who could work on my car for a reasonable price in brampton area?

If your clutch doesnt disengage, it’s not because it’s worn. You are looking at something like slave or master cyl. Look at your clutch fluid, if it’s darker than normal, it may be a sign that the fluid is moving past the piston in one of the cyls.

i replaced the cylinder that is closest to the pedal (Attached to the firewall) around 11 months ago. there was no fluid anywhere on the ground where my car has been sitting so i kind of ruled that out in my head. am i looking at the cylinder that is attached to the tranny as being the suspect (slave?)

i will have to check the fluid colour, and i believe you migght be right on this one, i immediately checked if it was low when i first had the problem, and it was darker than normal.

i replaced my slave cylinder today, and bled the system.
the pedal is strong and the pushrod is moving back and fourth against the withdrawl level, but still i am not able to shift gears.

what am i looking at? new clutch?

also, even though i bled the system, almost immediately, the fluid had turned dirty again, it starts off obviously clear and now its not transparent anymore…

thanks in advance

Hey did you fix the problem yet?
I have the same problem.

For me a quick fix was adjusting the pedal free play. Maybe you can try that. I had no play before and adjusted it so that I had a few cms of play…that seemed to fix the problem.

But I have the same problem again…I dont have free play anymore. I dont understand it…I’m going to bleed the system today. My fluid looks good.

Keep me posted, i’ll do the same.

nope, i have yet to fix the problem.
im taking the car to my friends shop when i get a chance, he is telling me its most likely my clutch.

like i said, the pushrod is moving back and fourth so im pretty sure my problem is internal.

ill update when i get it fixed

hey man I fixed the problem for the time being.
I swapped out the clutch master cylinder and everything is gravy…so far.