Clutch problem

Yes another “clutch problem thread”

Can anyone explain to me why my clutch pedal will NOT move…it is rock solid…there is actually about an inch of free movement at the very top (no resistance at all) but after that you can’t budge it…

I searched already and found nothing similar to this

Thanks,
Mike

That is odd… But I would have to say either the master or slave cylinder be the F-cocked… Either that or something is horrifically wrong with your clutch preasure plate, throw-out bearing, throw-out arm etc…

Get someone to look at the tranny while you stomp on the pedal and see if it’s actually doing anything at all.

This is a first for me hearing something like this…lol just my luck.

Do you think if nothing is moving something could have come out of alignment and is jammed?
If I try starting it in gear do you think that will give me an indication if the clutch is screwed?

Thanks

Couple suggestions: undo the slave cylinder from the tranny (2 14mm bolts). Don’t worry - no harm and no fluid comes out. Try the pedal then. If cylinder moves the problem is inside the tranny (not good). If no movement its probably one of your cylinders. Good! Can be replaced pretty cheap. Slave cylinder is $15 at PDM racing… Before that though unscrew the lines and look for blocks, dirt and refill and bleed. It unlikely but it will cost you $3 in DOT3 fluid only…

Is the clutch in or out? Can you push the car in gear?