Clutch Problem ? Engages by itself

Okay… outta no where my clutch will almost engage on me while sitting @ a light with my foot on the clutch…

I have to friggin yank the shifter like a mofo and it’ll come outta gear then… if I dont and let off the brakes the car will very slowly start moving “but if I rev the shit outta it, it wont go any quicker and the clutch doesnt slip or what not”

I have tried adjusting my clutch afew times… whether its @ the floor or @ the end sooner or later it’ll auto-engage as I say while @ a intersection…

So I’m guessing my Slave is toasted and loosing pressure some how @ times perhaps ? Or could it be the MC ?

Its starting to piss me off hardcore so any help will be greatly appreicated

Jeff

ummm…isnt it slipping then?

if your clutch pedal adjsutment isnt the problem i put my money on master cyl

ummm…isnt it slipping then?[/quote]

I dont know… lol

Car will be fine and idle @ 850rpm and outta no where it’ll drop to like 600rpm and the car will wanna move forward a tiny bit, but while its moving I can rev it up and it will not speed up or change at all.

I will try adjusting the pedal 1 more time and leave it for a day… if it does not go away then I will replace the MC I guess

your slave cylinder is probably on its way out.

poke your head undernearth the car and inspect the slave cylinder, pull back the rubber boot and see if it’s dirty / oily. it’s more than likely leaking (that’s why you’re slowly losing pressure)

while you’re at it remove the stupid clutch damper thing, that’s known to be a pain as well.

a rebuilt slave is like $30 from what I remember when I replaced mine, it’s by no means an expensive repair.

hope that helps.

oh yeah, check your fluid levels as well. both master and slave.

I highly doubt it’s your master cylinder, those things rarely go bad and your brakes would be crap as well, start off with the cheap options and then move onto the more expensive / complex ones.

Slave, or clutch MC makes sense.

… the brake and clutch MC’s aren’t connected, they are two seperate devices

Yea I adjusted my pedal to pretty much the end and it is still doing it…

My Slave is fine… “from the looks of it”

My old man thinks its the MC leaking from the inside but whatever leaks is routed back into the res anyway ? But My MC is full of fluid and is not leaking out in anyway…

I think Lucky has a MC sitting @ his house and if not then I will hit the wreckers tomorrow on my lunch

your dad is probably right. If the seals in the MC pushrod have started to crap out, the fluid will slowly leak through them back into the resivour while the petal is depressed.

you’re right, sorry, heh, when reading / writing the post for some reason I was thinking of the brake MC not the clutch MC… that’s why I was like… wtf? :confused:

I love having wholsale accounts

$30 for a brand new MC

$165 for a brand new Z32 brake MC