Uh oh clutch pedal troubles....

Ok…so here’s the long and short of it…there’s an unbelievable amount of play in the clutch pedal and the engagement point is so low I have to push it in all the way and I don’t even need to release it much for it to engage…once the clutch pedal is out there’s no modulation/resistance at all, just feels like nothing until I push it completely in…before my engagement point was closer to the top…

What probably caused that trouble was when I bottomed out on a ramp, I was basically crawling and wasn’t going very fast…that was a couple of days ago, yesterday morning it was fine until yesterday afternoon and when I drove it today no different, that yesterday afternoon…I haven’t put it up on the hoist yet so I was just seeing what some of you think it might be…I have a new clutch which is waiting to install…maybe it’s just a sign that my clutch is done?

i;m thinkin u must of damaged your clutch slave cylinder when u bottom out

X2

When I changed my clutch I had a hell of a time getting the bleeding done right, well we thought it was us not doing it right. But it turned out to be the rubber inside the clutch slave cylinder. $25 at Napa and your problems will be done!

I used and loved the write up about bleeding the clutch and using a hose to make sure no bubbles were in there!!

check to see if it is leaking at the slave or the hose leading up the master as you might have a weep somewhere that is causing your pedal feel the fluctuate and decrease. Even the master could be leaking so look in the firewall in the engine bay and under the dash to see if it is leaking as well.

When you find the part to replace, bleed it well and you will be surprised how much better it is.

My master cylinder is the one that’s leaking, now I’ve got a master cylinder from a '95 240sx and the clutch line is on the right side as opposed to being on the bottom, would I be able to rig it up to have it reach up to the side? Would there be enough slack in the clutch line for it to be able to do it?

yes there is enough room to swing it as I am using a S13 240sx clutch master… as well please remove the clutch damper box in-between the master and slave. This will give you enough hardline to swing it for sure.