CLutch trouble

if i m loosing pressure in the clutch wht could be wrong …

I have to pump the clutch pedal like madness to get some pressure built up

Check you’re master cylinder’s resevoir to see if you have any fluid in it or maybe something’s up with the slave cylinder or something in the clutch line. Did you bleed the system?

You’re leaking fluid probably, most likely slave or master. If your fluid is getting low check for leaks at the slave, on the firewall at the master, and inside the car under the dash at the top of the clutch pedal.

the system was bled twice n there is no leak… master was changed couple of years ago orginal from nissan… i m thinking its the slave.?? thanx for ur help guys…

I kinda had the same prob! We took off the slave and found that the lil rubber O-ring was cracked, $25 at Napa for a whole new slave and it was done!

changed the slave but there is still same kind of problem… did get a bit better but there is still play in the clutch pedal!!!

re bleed

Or adjust the pedal.

ok still the same problem have to pump the clutch to get some pressure and it effin sucks!! i honestly forgot how a good clutch pedal feels like?!? any help is appreciated

This is the write up that saved me!!

I thought we were bleeding it good until I read this and I followed it and worked perfect!

you should adjust the pushrod that comes out of the mater cyl through the firewall. its connected to the clutch pedal by a clevis. just loosen the jamb nut, and twist the rod. if your clutch engagement point is too close to the floor, then you want to turn the rod to that there are fewer threads sticking out of the clevis. you can use a 6mm wrench or plyers to turn the rod.

if your clutch engagement point is up at the top of the clutch pedal travel, then you want more threads sticking out of the clevis. tuning this can be tricky so you have to adjust the rod a couple of turns and then take your car out for a drive and test for clutch slip. if the clutch is slipping then you’ve got the engagement too high on the pedal travel and you will have to make more threads of the pushrod stick out of the clevis

hope this makes sense

blacklabel you my friend are a genius!!!

clutch got fixed but the release point is too high and now the clutch is slipping …

i almost freaked out that maybe the clutch is gone but now i know that it need re adjustment again! thank youuu so much everyone for you help! (tears in eyes) hhehehe

that will be 25 dollars each
thank you come again

good to hear your problem got all cleared up.
if your clutch is slipping you’ve turned the rod too far. you got to turn the rod like 2 times, then drive the car, test for slip… and keep on repeating this until you have a good clutch feel and no slip.

i just went through all this with my car. the pedal was at the floor so i replaced the master cyl and bled the system. that helped but over time the clutch pedal got back to the floor. so then i turned the rod out and then the clutch was slipping.

then i replaced the slave cyl (turns out WAS leaking) and bled the system.

and turned the rod back in a few turns.

now its 100% good

Another thing for clutches incase someone researches this for help and finds this thread - The return spring under the dash can bind causes the pedal to stay low - you pump it thinking you lost pressure but you actually free up the spring and kicks back up. Just another idea since there alot of good troubleshooting info in here.