clutch pedal at the floor NEED HELP

so i was changing the oil on my car at work and i got into the car and all of a sudden the clutch pedal isnt disengaging the clutch. the car starts and it goes into gear when the car is off. but the clutch will not release and i cant drive the car. we had to push it into the parking lot.

we played around with the 2 bleeders on the clutch line right beside the trans. then i played around with the two bleeder screws in the engine bay on the pass side. there is still lots of clutch fluid in the resivoir and we tried to bleed the system but nothing happening.

so im assuming the slave is toast?

any imput you can give me would be great, maybe i was not bleeding the system properly?

(its a 91 ka24de 5speed)

thanks.

is there any pressure at all when you can put the clutch in?

you said you are playing around with the bleeders, how exactly are you bleeding it? are you opening the bleeder wide open or cracking it to let air out?

lee, hows my ol 240? as you can tell im having probs with this POS 5sp i got now.

with all the bleeders closed i pump the clutch and still there seems to be zero pressure. i cracked a few bleeders and then i opend a few bleeders. i have no idea how to go about bleeding the system correctly we were prety much trying everything we could think of all at once in desperation.

–i just did some reading from the this forum (which is a BIG help) and we were bleeding the correct bleeder tonight. but still there was no pressure.

im wondering what the hell we were bleeding in the engine bay on the pass side?

is there any clear signs that the clutch master cyl is pooched? i dont see any fluid leaks. same with the slave it all looked good under the car.

well after reading the entire write up in this forum im off to buy a new master cyl and slave cyl. im hoping that"fork" isnt broken on my car.

i guess i kindof lucked out…this happend at work where i have ALL my tools, and access to a grease pit to work on my car :wink: could always be worse i guess

clutches are a fucker to bleed manualy, see if you can get a half decent pressure or vaccum bleeder. if you cant, go to the bleeder on the slave open the bleeder let it gravity bleed once it starts to drip close it. round up a helper bitch get him to work the peddle. with the valve open push the clutch in the peddle will stay on the floor, befor you lift up the peddle close the bleeder. your going to have to do this a buch of times, then you will all of a suddin get lots of pressure. problem solved. do this befor you buy a m/c. and once you put the m/c in youll have to do this anyways. dont let the resivor go dry when bleeding because youll have to start all over again.
hope this helps.

yea i got this all fixed up a couple weeks ago. put in a new master cyl and bled the system and it all works again

Hey I have question about when you did this, did you keep the clutch dampener in place or did you bypass it?