Clutch bleeding; need assistance or an answer

92 525i (m50). pedal feel was mush, got a new slave and master cyl. when I took out the old master cylinder I found it was leaking, so I guess that was the problem.

Replaced master and slave. Need to bleed it. My dad gave me about 1 min worth of assistance to pump the clutch. air blurted out, when it stopped I closed the bleeder on the slave before he lifted the pedal.

It has very little clutch pressure. Nowhere near where it should. haven’t put it on the ground yet to see if it engages properly.

so I’m asking if someone can help me bleed it, my dad won’t be around the rest of the night (his father is in the hospital, my dads visiting) and he works all day during the day. I don’t have any money now but I can give someone some on Friday.

1. I’m looking for advice as to why its being such a bitch to bleed. there are no leaks, and the master and slave are new

your gonna have to keep the reservoir filled and keep pumping, then open the bleeder again a lil bit until its just fluid

it is just fluid

Attempt to bleed it again. Sometimes when the bleeder is in an awkward position it can trap air in the slave much like a subaru. You may need to remove the cylinder and bleed it off the trans, keeping the piston in the cylinder of course.

Did you bench bleed the master? Some of them are almost impossible to get the air out once installed.

Other than that just go real slow. Open bleeder, single slow push on pedal, close bleeder, release pedal. Repeat. DO NOT PUMP IT. You’ll just introduce a whole bunch of micro air bubbles and make it a real PITA.

I used to hate bleeding the clutch on my old Fiero.

anyone want to help me out? I just don’t have anyone to operate the clutchzorz.

located on west delavan (my parents garage) near elmwood/delaware

does it have a clutch damper?

that can make it a bitch to bleed.

+1 on bleeding the master

+2 for bench bleed

im not really trying to take the master out to bench bleed. my one thumb doesn’t really work very well (skate severed the tendon at hockey practice when I was younger) and it was a huge pita to get this bitch in there

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/imgdsply.cgi?pn=21521155425-M36

dre, I can probably help you, but i’m busy as hell this afternoon

sooommmeeejjuuuaaaannnn heeellllpppppp

Is it possible to Bleed it at the line on the car?

what, you mean like remove the hard line after the mc?

I had to unbolt the hard line from the rubber line, (bracket on the firewall) disconnect the feed line and take the old mc out to get the hard line off (no way to get at it while it’s in)

u free tomorrow? def will help u then but today i am busy

yeah i’ll be free until 1 tomorrow, that would be sick

i used to have ur number but just pm me it so i can yuour addy and shit

anyjuan? i’m free tomorrow before 1

Like I said man, I can help you when I get off work tomorrow… give me a ring.

:word:

didn’t you get Mike’s text earlier? it’s a small price to pay for getting your shit fixed…i’d go for it