Question About Importing

I would like to try importing car from Japan, it seems like the cars from Japan are in better condition due to emission laws, I believe called shaken correct me if I’m wrong. I have been doing some reading and putting pieces to the puzzle together and I was just wondering if someone can provide me with a little information on the process of importing a car.

How hard could it possible be? Are their any catches? From what I have put together you need to find a car auction in Japan, purchase the car, get it shipped overseas to British Colombia and then ship it from B.C. to Ontario. I know that’s a long way and I was just wondering is it worth it or will I be left with a hole in my pocket if I try?

Any information would help make things a little less hazy, and I’m serious about this and would like to try something new, please no negative comments.

honestly , its easier to get a car and its more cost effective from someone that imports them already , go talk to gabe at japaneseimports.ca

I appreciate your honesty, but I wanted to cut out the middle man and try importing myself and see if I can make a little profit but you said it would be more cost effective to go through this person. Can you give me a little more information on why it would be more cost effective?

Well I have Imported a bunch of cars from the states. Never japan. But i think he means its usually more cost affective just going to a importer and buyin one from them…

as never importing a car from japan you will make costly mistakes your first time and even your 5th time… So I would also stick to a profesional when it comes to Importing a car from so far away.

Just my 2 cents lol…but I really dont think your going to save any money doing it your self. way to much red tape and BS… even importing from the states is a lil tricky the first few times… and it isnt half the BS as importing from Japan.

fly to dubai
buy a gts-t for 500 dollars
bring it back for 3grand.
you will defintely get the car cheaper than the importer is asking
but the question is if you really want to go threw all that work.

there are a few people on the forums who know
im sure if you went to a few meets you’d meet some people with RHD’s cars who would let you know the pro’s and cons.