Importing from Japan?

I need some of you guy’s expertise on this…
I’m thinkin im probably gonna import a 180, but im not really familiar with all the costs. I found this one site, Import Partners, they import to all sorts of countries, and for example, of one of their cars has an C&F (cost to ship it to trononto) price of around $4,900… what other sorts of fees will i have to pay and what sort of estimate would it cost to get this car on the road? (i know theres like insurance n stuff)

Also, they dont allow anyone to import who doesnt have any prior experience… so i just wanna have sort of an idea of what importing costs are. I know theres at least two organizations on this site that import cars, is it possible for u guys to get a hold of a certain car?

thanks.

Contact ONI-JDM or Drifttuners and let them help you with the process.

^ word. Either that or Japanese imports. They seem to have a very good rep around the community, Gabe who runs the shop is a very helpful and professional guy, good to deal with.

After the post you just made, dont even think about doing this yourself. All I can say is if your going to own a car like this, be able to afford it and take care of it.

Email mitch@onijdm.com; we’ll be able to help you out…

Does anyone with a JDM vehicle find it hard to find parts around the GTA? How about insurance… will most places not cover me with a RHD vehicle? Or will they charge me up the arse per month?
Example, if I got a skyline (i wish) with a RB20DET, would they probably only check number of cyl and displacement? Maybe they dont know what the “T” stands for :rolleyes:

Oh ya, forgot to mention im 19… i know, they think im deadly. Clean record, I’m charged $200/month under state farm for a '92 cavalier z24 with a 3.1 v6 (thats what they think;)). Ill be getting my G next month.

RHD+19 = F*CKED