RHD import cars

I was wondering what are some trusted car import places. Is JDM-Ottawa trustworthy? I’ve seen a bunch of supras, gtrs, rx7s, etc…

I want to sell my 240sx and go for an fd rx7 and been contemplating getting an imported rhd fd rx7. I’ve seen a bunch over at JDM-Ottawa’s site.

If jdm Ottawa was once called japan power i would say stay far away…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not even waste your time. Spend 5 mins on the phone and you will know what I mean.

I would use bonsairides instead

And I would make sure that you can get insured, before jumping in the deep end of things.

wow so I take it people had bad experiences with them? There used to be more ‘jdm import’ thingamajigs before, where did they all go? It’s been years since I’ve looked at any companies that do it but…

Where did it all go? Dumb kids daily driving their junky GTS skylines using classic car insurance. It’s pretty much ruined for most people, unless you are 25+ years old, can insure a home or other car, or just pay through the nose.

I’m hitting 30 lol, so not too worried about insurance.

www.rightdrive.ca is your best bet. They are local, I think in Scarborough. Also, they know their stuff. As for buying from anyone else…the 2 reasons why people have bad buying experiences are 1. Buy a car you know is mechanically sound. Even more so with an FC or FD. Make sure it has compression and isn’t burning oil…I feel like I shouldn’t have to remind anyone of this but I will. Also be sure to check out the car top to bottom and under, even more so because it spent a good few weeks on the ocean. People have bad experiences because they buy a shitty car to be “JDM” and it ends up being a lemon…Yea sometimes it may seem perfect at first and becomes a lemon, you can’t help that. That is probably the number 1 and main reason why people are pissed…simply put they rush the buy and overlook some deal breakers. 2. When someone usually buys a car depending who they get it from will have to take the Japanese owership to the ministery and convert it to a Ontario ownership that requires documents on importing and a bunch of other stuff. Some places will do that for you and even get it in your name…Tiger Japan did this all for me so all I had to do was go to the ministry with a safety and proof of insurance and grab plates. Also, CLIFF NOTE don’t be an idiot and assume you can get insurance. Always call before you buy and find out. The reason why I think(I also can be totally wrong) all the dealers aren’t around anymore is because in Ontario you can only sell privately either 3 or 10 cars a person with out a dealer license a year. They would often get their other employee’s to go to the ministry for them. lol. Again I could be wrong and also the numbers 3-10 is I am not sure exactly. If you register a business though I think you can get away with a bit more. I personally know a few people that have sold about 11-12 cars in a year but it happened once. If its reoccurring is when you get red flagged and busted. Also I am almost certain they weren’t claiming it for taxes. Hope it helped. Good luck and fuck, use your head…its not there to hold your hat.

HAHA Yeah you’re straight then. It shouldn’t be too bad for you.

Right Drive is in my area, in Vaughan. I know some of the guys there, they are awesome people to deal with and their cars are in great condition. Price wise they can be high but you get what you pay for.

They also offer some kind of insurance through their dealership. Check them out!

That’s who I used to get my S15 Silvia…

Right drive is overpriced for what you get. Contact Adam at Feast auto export. He’s been doing it for a long time.