JDM Import Questions

Hey, I am starting my search for a JDM vehicle to import and am looking for any help, tips, tricks, hints, who is good/trustworthy, who to avoid etc. etc. Any help from those of you with experience in this area is greatly appreciated!

Thanx guys!

i hear world car link is pretty good. 4kruzn is really good too.

Allen from World Car Link has imported my GT-R and is awesome. He’s always available on his cell to answer questions whenever you have them. Would totally recommend him! :slight_smile:

i would also recommend allen, all though i did not end up buying from him, but i may in the future.

Yea from what i have heard world car link is great because of the ability to communicate easily to find out details pertaining to your vehicle.

id go with world car link, i bought my 180 from them, picked up it in vancouver friday night, drove it back over the weekend. good guys to deal with. when i arrived in vancouver Lon picked me up from the airport and he had already booked me a hotel to stay in, in the morning we went and took care of the bill of sale and in transit forms and i was on my way. :slight_smile:

communication is probably the biggest thing to be worried about. Find a importer who you can get in touch with on a daily bases and who knows his stuff.

jdmconnection out of edmonton. William is a stand out man who will bend over backwards for ya

Will’s prices tent to be considerably cheaper aswell. JDMconnection FTW IMO.

I as well bought my car from William, great guy.

Adam from Feast, great guy a little hard to get in contact with him though. Check it out.

http://feast.spikidesign.com/stock.php?stock=company

There are getting to be quite a few JDM cars available domestically. Buying a car that’s already registered and has a few Canadian miles on it reduces risk of getting a trashed car or one that gets hung up in red tape.

IMO it’s worth a bit more money to actually kick the tires before you buy and get a car that doesn’t have any ‘stopper’ type problems.

What are you looking at picking up?

Dan

I like the Sylvia, specifically a convertible, I know, I’m setting my sights on a tough one, there aren’t many around.

If you dont mind spending a little bit you should buy this one. It is an amazing car. http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4023

Yeah, I saw it, it is beautiful, but a bit more than I was hoping to spend. Not crazy about the colour too.

[quote=“Smokebaby”]

I like the Sylvia, specifically a convertible, I know, I’m setting my sights on a tough one, there aren’t many around.[/quote]

they do show up at the auctions and what not. Id say around one a month. But look at spending around $10,000. And they come with auto CA’s :?

yes your right^^^

Though I do have another one I am restoring right now. I am planning on painting it blue but im in the middle of body work at the moment so tell me what color you want and I could change it. Its got S14 SR and 5 lug aswell but if I paint it and you do the rest it would be much cheaper than the red one. Its a 5 speed convert aswell.

FYO they only made 604 of the convertibles through 1988 and 1989. I bet there is only a few hundred left in the world that run and lots of them were exported to ausi. I think there is 3 in Canada now. The 2 that are sitting in my garage and 1 that I herd from a friend of a friend out in Vancouver. Dont know if its true though.

The red one is also car of the month on nico right now too. Whoot!

P.S I do want money. I could take off the good bits and pieces from my red vert to lower the price much. Let me know.

If you still are looking to import somthing please let me know. I do still see some verts in Japan like was mentioned about 1 a month but plan on spending atleast 12 grand to get it here. If you dont have much money I would recomend getting a 180SX. They ere cheap fast fun and easy to OOP. No complaints there. I also have a 180SX here in Lethbridge that I might be converting to a UTE “Ausi pick up truck” with a RB25 if you would be interested in that. I will have it done this winter.

i would go for allens silvia. You are never gunna find another silvia vert in that kind of shape. Pretty much everything from the ground up has been upgraded or replaced. Plus you get some piece of mind from actually being able to view and test drive a car yur about to spend some serious coin on. And if you want rare well there ya go… i think they only made like 500ish of these cars. well worth the money!!

o and the red is sexyyy :E !!

AUSI utes are awesome!! got to rip around in a ford one while I was down there. holden (chev) and fords are the big names for utes over there. You see them everywhere…you would think the americans would have get the hint. Red necks love those truck/car things.

sorry for getting off topic.

off topic aswell but just so everyone knows what a ute is. I had to post a pic of ours. I call it the Toyota el-carolla.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8207/scclevinaq0.jpg