question about my cat.

Ive been noticing the car makes a funny noise at 2500 rpms, it sounds like Im running BG through it and shit is breaking up and blowing out the exhaust only problem is there is nothing coming out of my exhaust. I was told that maybe my header causing the cat. to break up, cause I have been smelling a wierd smell from the exhaust too…whats your opinion? If it is the cat. should I just gut it out and put a 02 simulator or extender in? or should I bite the bullet and by a high flow cat and or test pipe? and how loud would my car be? thanks!!:hug

o2 sim and get it out of the car / thread

high flow cat if you want to pass emissions… test pipe would be the same thing as hollowing out the cat

Uh, put your stock header back in and take it to the dealer. Car can’t have over 40,000 miles yet… no reason the cat should be bad. Try to get it under warranty.

wont work because the previous owner had a exhaust and brought it to a dealer, so its already noted with the vi:(n.

Not your fault… exhaust comes AFTER cat… how the hell does an exhaust effect a cat? ;p I mean, I could be wrong… which I prob. am… lol

no actually u are right hmmm…I just might do that. thanks !:hug

Not related to this topic but did you go to Walmart in Rotterdam around 4 today? As I was leaving I saw a black Civic pulling in up by the garden center.

yup that was me, I always go in that way its much quicker than waiting in line in the front lol

I think I might get a random technology high flow cat anyways just cause Im getting a wicked good deal on it:-)

Except today that old lady was working there and the line was just as long. Then she was taking a break and the pedophile looking guy was taking over. Dude totally creeps me out.

I parked by the garden center too and you probably took the spot I had. I just missed you.

http://www.inlinefour.com/carunhigcatc.html

This would never have happened if you had sacked up and bought a race header.

Edit: You don’t have a sack, it all makes sense now. :rofl

are we 100% sure on that :wink:

do u mean the guy that looks like the nerd from Grammas boy :rofl

good find:thumbup

I have no balls:thumbup lmao:lol

He does look like that guy but creepier.

Ive never seen that movie.

OMG go to the store NOW lol u have to see that movie cause after you will die laughing everytime u see the dude at walmart LOL

Looks like Ill have to see it some time. I dont feel like going anywhere now.