Question about register a GTR

hi everyone,

i am having problem with buying a GTR. i just went to see a GTR for sale last week, but however, the shop imported the car as a “parts” when they shipped it, and custom are not issuing a VIN for the car.

i have asked a lot of friends and auto shops, they all said is impossible to register the car and get a plate.

does anyone have any way to help me? i really love the car, and it’s a big regret if i can’t buy this car.

i know everyone here love nissan and GTR, so, please help me out.

thank you so much!

Joe

what year is the vehicle?

it’s a 1992 skyline GTR

depending on what month it was manufactured it may not be legal yet (ex. if it was made in September 92 it is not 15 years old yet)

otherwise I would contact Mitch. mitch@jdm-imports.com

2nd that.

mitch has a very fast and clean 2.7L GTR! you wouldnt go wrong if you bought that one. plus mitch can help you register if needed. registering the car is easy. its finding insurance thats hard.

If the car is legally imported; there are no issues registering it or getting insurance; we can help with the entire process. We have many customers throughout Canada that are enjoying their Japan imported vehicle. Email or give me a call and we can help you out…

Mitch@jdm-imports.com or 416-803-7191

Might be best to just bite the bullit on that Parts car, and pickup a different, equivalent, and just as clean GTR from another vendor.

^^ Agreed; once it’s been declared a parts car; it will forever be a parts car…

exactly, if they declared it as a parts car at customs then you will never have the necessary paperwork (form1 etc) to register the vehicle in canada for street use
if you want to buy it you can always use it as a track car :smiley: otherwise you should look at other options

too bad… the car was already sold to another guy which he claimed that he can use a dealer plate or yellow plate to drive on the road…
and i am planning to buy another one now…

thanks anyways for all your opinion guys!