Question about seats

I’m at my wit’s end.

Before winter, I purchased Yonaka Ronin bucket seats with hopes of putting them in my S13. The last month or so, I’ve been trying to install them, by making my own brackets like the Megan Racing seat brackets, but it was still too high for me, and I couldn’t sit in them. But in the process of making these brackets, I cut the brackets off the factory sliders rendering the stock seats useless.

I’ve been looking for some S14 seats or Skyline seats, but I can’t find a pair anywhere. I’ve been checking junkyards for some decent S13 seats, but they are either in worse shape then my seats or cashmere.

So now my question is, what other cars have seats that are side mount like the S13? If they bolt right up, great, but I do have some fabrication skills to make it work. I looked at a Pulsar, the seats seemed to have the same mount positions, but the seats were in bad shape. Anybody have any insight?

hey man…im having the same problem…looks like its going to be ALOT of custom fab work with the stock brackets for me…thats the only thing i can see to do…right now i have nice seats…but they dont fit in the car…they are HUGE…any suggestions would help from anybody

Yeah yonaka seats dont really fit in a S13…i had them found they dident fit and sold them…there to big…

I hope you never get in an accident, ive heard those seats fold in on themselves in accidents.

u can get bride rails they sit pretty low … lowest imo… u can also try sparco rails which can be ur second choice… im sure those will bolt ur seat to ur car np cost about 2 bills and ul fit nicely without the children highchair feeling

your only way is to not cheap out and get either recaro, bride or sparco bucket seat with side mound instead of bottom mount.

the newest gen celica seats bolt right in. from what ive heard…

Bride rails don’t fit
sparco rails sit too high
I’ve already exhausted all the options trying to find a bracket for the yonaka seats to fit in the s13
right now, I’m going to have someone professionally weld a custom bracket using the OEM and ask them to make the seat as low as possible

Why don’t you just use proper seats with side mounts instead of ones that cost 300 for two that are jdm ITR knockoffs and unsafe?

some people dont think before they buy, they just buy…

Don’t fit on the seat or the car?? Beause they fit my car just fine.

Just buy 89 seats and be happy . let the bucket and you be WON.

First off, my car is a mostly stock KA, daily driver, will most likely never see the track, so I can’t really rationalize spending a grand on one seat, let alone getting a pair. I’d much rather put that money towards coilovers. Secondly, I restored the interior of the car, and I really want seats that do not smell like old homeless people. And yes, I purchased these without much thought, but they looked good and the price was right at the time. Now I can’t get rid of them, nobody wants them, so I guess I got two really cool chairs for the garage now.

To those who suggested bride and sparco rails, I’ve already custom welded my own brackets as low as possible, and it still isn’t the same as the stock seats.

The point of this thread was to find out what seats out of other cars can I make work in a S13. Thanks crsbb, I’ll look into celica seats, but I doubt I’ll find one at the wreckers.

dude iirc the seats your trying to fit are bottom mount right? well its almost impossible to get a bottom mount seat to sit as low as stock.

man up and save and get your self a good used sidemount bucket seat.

man i want s14 seats… i hate stock s13 seats, if i get s14 seats ill sell my s13 seats and you can buy them lol thats all.

there’s not space to drill extra holes to properly fit the yonaka seats onto the bride rails

I’m glad there are some people on the board who do have priorities in their spending habits…

I’d say keep looking for the R32 GTR or S14 cloth seats.

Just double-check to make sure they don’t have the “homeless” smell either. :lol:

So you breaking your back in an accident is worth only 600 dollars to you?

It dosent matter if you are on a track, or if you get rear ended on front st the seat will still collapse.

damn those seats suck that bad?

What happened to those seats that canadiandrifter or whoever it was had installed, kirkeys seat or something. They were racing buckets, and one of those were entry endurance race buckets (wihch I ASSUME sohuld be comfortable). I was wondering how those compare to s14 seats… R32 GTR seats are not comfortable for me, way too tiny for me. There was a group buy for a pair for 350$ or something like that

haha, what are you smoking ? if you know what your doing then you can make a bottom mount seat lower then stock…