Racing seat problem/question..

I bought some Yonaka seats at a carshow about a year ago, they came with sliders but no brackets…so recentley i bought sparco brackets to finally install them so i bolt everything up and go to install in my car …so i get them in and sit down…but…huge problem…they are way high up in the car…i mean… the top of the seat is about an inch from the roof of the car(s13) so me being tall (6’1) i am hitting the roof of my car…and it is jsut really uncomfortable sitting in these seats i feel like im in a truck im looing out the top of the windsheild now…and its just stupid…so thats my problem so here is my question. what can i do about this? did i buy to big of seats for s13 to fit? they do look a bit bigger then stock seats but…i seen them in s14 and they look fine so i dunno maybe i need to buy a smaller seat? …anyone with s13 seat experince maybe you know …casue right now i guess i have to sell these asue they dont fit…

Only way is to hard mount them and ditch the sliders. Otherwise you need a side mount seat and use bride fg or nagisa rails where the rails are beside the seat. Bottom mount spacro seat with all sparco hardware for a 240 sits waaaay too high, especially if you’re over 6 feet. You might be able to pull it off with JIC bottom mount sliders, but most bottom mount seats sit too high. It works with a sparco sprint but that sits looow.

Sell 'em

mine were like that too…i ditched the sliders made my own brackets a fingers thickness off the floor where the cat area is and their still a inch or 2 higher than the stock seats…the seats padding that you sit on itself is a lot thicker than the stock seat. Special seats with a low front would be bomb for a 240…otherwise take them apart and cut the foam down and re-wrap the seat tighter tucking the excess material away…i could do this…maybe u could with your seat.

I dont think ide wanna cut the foam down casue they wouls still be almost touching the roof…lol i wonderwhat kind of seat would be good in a s13…i guess not alot of people change the seat… :?

i never knew seats were such a problem… maybe i should just get the stock ones re wraped in black leather the match my rear seat… but i find when drifting the seat doent hold you in at all …this is the reason i bought the racing seats… :roll:

i have weapon r mounts no sliders and a sparco fighter seat and and quite low in the car, and im 6’2

the passenger seat is a BINGBING seat on the same brackets and it sits about an inch higher than stock, GF LOVES it however i cant fit in there at allllll…

GT

So i guess my option is to get rid of these seats then…lol…look for them in the for sale section soon i guess

just get some nice s14 black leathers…like 500 bucks lol…or get gtr seats…or just oem s14 seats are nice also

Yeah i was thinking of getting Skyline seats…i want leather becasue my rear seat is black leather and i wanna match that S14 seats come in black leather…how hard are they to find do you know ?

i have some black s13 leathers if you want

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29842

zomg buy my s14 cloths they are better than s13 seats and you won’t slide around

how the fawk am i ever going replace my seats? i’m 6’6 it’s tight now, i’m basically sitting in the back seat of my s13. is there any solutions that can have the seat dropped? i need it lowered

mount right on the floor :smiley:

sounds like the only way i can do it… sorry for highjacking your thread