Question about securing purge line.

Ok so check this out. I put the purge line in for thei cryo system a while ago, Now I have seen a lot of people half ass these things and just put them through the rubber backing where the hood closes. Well I was able to drill two holes in the top of the fire wall and bend the lines so they are right up by the window.

Anyways, the block inside the engine compartment I would like to secre better and its too hard to make a bracket for it. I would also like to “fill” in the slack of the holes where the tubes come in. Do they make a type of “putty” ot clay so to speak, sort of like when you put out side electric in your house, you have that bluck putty to fill in aound the line and hole?

I don;t want to use bondo because it will end up loking like shit and I want to easily beable to remove it if I have to change somthing or replace the tubes.

:dunno:

cliff notes & i’ll answer

:blah:

how about using one or two self tapping screws??? I dont know where the box is mounted so its kinda hard to figure out how to mount it.

as for the hole what about grommets? The kind that you can make your own hole in for whatever is goin through, its kinda looks like a plug. or how aobut the use a silicone like Permatex?

:doh:

Yeah I never thought about a grommet. I just talked to pewter on the phone.

thats why we’re here :cool:

why do you need to purge C02?

Coolness Factor :slap: :shaggy:

:love: :kekegay: duh!!!

so people have something to look at!!!

:booty:

same thing as nutrous, to fill up the lines so when you use it you have a full charge.

Or do you cool race guys just purge for looks :rolleyes:

looks

you have no idea :mullet:

:bash:

I give up

did u get the block secure?

not yet I havn’t had time to mess with it. I’m working friday morning at 7 am, then friday I’m going to be helping who ever needs help at WOW setting up, be there all weekend, then monday I will be flying around (literally to the other side of the state to do PR / outreach stuff.

I’m probably just going to wait till next weekend to mess with it. Only thing I’m doing this week is ordering my new rims.

The comment about “I give up” wasn’t refereing to the securing of the purge. It was refering to me explaining myself on why stuff is done to my car.

Purge is cool…makes the crowd go “Oooh!”