Question about test and tune at PRP

I was wondering if I am going to be required to follow any kind of special rules for test and tune since my car has been turbocharged when it used to be naturally aspirated. Im thinking I will run low 13’s or high 12’s. I wasnt sure if they are gonna enforce any kind of firejacket or helmut or roll cage rules on me. thanks for your help. im looking to go opening day and i want to be prepared to race.

prolly not just wear your helmet.

well thats one of my issues, i dont own a helmut. Are they gonna stop me from racing if i dont have a helmut?

yes if ur faster than 13.999& what about u selling ur hold

yea you need a helmEt 13.99 or 100mph and they do inforce it.

go grab one for like 50-100?

congrats on the turbo setup cant wait to see some numbers

dont you need a firejacket for aftermarket turbo? or they dont enforce that?

where can i get a snell approved helmut for that cheap? and i think up above you meant to say sell my stock hood. ill do that if someone wants a red cobalt ss stock hood. also that firejacket thing was something i was worried about but i guess thats not enforced on test and tune.

you only need jackets and roll bars once you get in the 11.499 and faster. At least for the roll bar. As for jackets…it might even need to be in the 10’s or something probably…

13.99’s and faster for the helmet. Just make sure the helmet isn’t too old. I seem to recall 1990 or newer ?

after market turdo no matter what times u run,u need a jacket!

I found this…regarding IHRA rules…

13.50 and slower

brakes all four wheels
neutral safety switch / clutch activated switch mandatory
any vehicle with a roll bar will be required to have safety belts dated within two years of present date
drive shaft loop required on any vehicle using racing slicks
all street tires must have at least 1/16 of an inch of tread or more
retread or remolded tires are strictly prohibited
Snell 90 or newer helmet is required on all entries running 13.99 or quicker,14.00 and slower require a helmet in acceptable condition

13.49 to 11.50

must have a master cutoff switch if battery has been relocated and be clearly marked ON/OFF and meet all other IHRA specs
roll bar mandatory in all convertibles running 13.49 to 11.00 with all safety equipment required according to IHRA specs
any vehicle with a roll bar will be required to have safety belts dated within two years of present date

11.49 to 10.00

brakes all four wheels unless other wise specified by IHRA rule book
fire jacket meeting SFI specs
flywheel and transmission shield meeting SFI specs
automatic transmission shield meeting SFI specs on vehicles running 10.99 and quicker
harmonic balancer meeting SFI specs on vehicles running 10.99 and quicker
roll cage / roll bar as per IHRA ET breaks
roll cage mandatory on all convertibles and T-top’s running 10.99 and quicker
safety belts / window nets dated within two years of present date
aftermarket axles and axle retention device on vehicles running 10.99 and quicker
drive shaft loop
Snell 90 or newer helmet

9.99 and quicker

parachute mandatory on all entries 150mph and over

9.00 and quicker

full fire suit meeting SFI specs, 9.99 to 9.00 fire jacket meeting SFI specs
neck collar meeting SFI specs
flexplate and shield meeting SFI specs
roll cage meeting IHRA specs
2nd drive shaft loop

are you having the work done at ASAP on route 8? just wondering cuz I work there and we have a SS Cobalt we’re putting a kit on

check the sport compact rules
but pretty sure if you have aftermarket turbo you have to have fire jacket
they are cheap
and helmet if faster than 14.00

O yea and quit bench racing!

mosites in irwin has the no dicker sticker deal right now cheapo full face helmets for 39 bux

oh yah and you have to back it up too or else you really didnt run a 13 sec pass

I’ve seen plenty of cars that “should run X time” and end up a few seconds slower.

It’s good to be prepared, but base your estimates off of a few passes.

drive shaft loop required on any vehicle using racing slicks
What the hell is a driveshaft loop??? damn it i though i was ready now i ready this n e ways i can use my slicks w/o havin w/e these are… explain please thanks…

thats for RWD cars there son!!:smiley:

well, your drive wheels would have to be in the rear of a car to need a driveshaft first off :smiley:

driveshaft is a tube of metal that connects the transmission to the rear end differential

just look at it this way if they kick you off the track it usually means " mission accomplished"