question about the dmv....

i didn’t know where to post this. here’s my problem.
i’m taking my car off the road for the winter and driving a taurus wagon until spring.
i just added the taurus to my insurance, and it is effective tonight at midnight.
would i be better off switching plates, or registering the taurus and then just turning in the plates on the jetta when i get around to it? i forgot how much it costs registering a car, and if there is a refund for a registration that is still valid.
thanks for any help.

switching plates is illegal. not worth the trouble.

i think there are price options to register your car, such as, for one year ot two years etc, which inturn saves you money. I would check the dmv website for any info, or just make a trip

christ, i meant like taking one car off the road and putting the other one on. not just switching plates in my fucking driveway…

just switch them. why fill out more paper work, plus because NY is gay they make you pay to surrender your old plates. registration is pro-rated too btw.

u can transfer the plates, tahts wat i do…usually i tell my insurance that i am selling the other car too, that havent figured it out yet, i just tell them that i was unable to sell it and i need to drive it again, works like a charm for about 2 and a half yrs now

good idea… the keep telling me to put it on the storage plan or some shit. fuck that. where it’s staying is in the middle of fucking nowhere, real safe.