insurance question/ new registration issue

I am going to PA Saturday to pickup a newly acquired vehicle. I talked to the dealer and they said I can get a temp plate for 50 bucks. I said ok great i’ll do that. I went to my insurance company to get insurance for this car and she said that she can transfer the plate and insurance from a existing car over to the new car and to just swap the plates over. I have a big problem with this in my mind. The DMV will have no record of this until monday so If a cop runs the plate it will come up to a green ford taurus rather than the new vehicle and I see that being a BIG problem.

1. Just swap the plates like the insurance lady said everything will be fine.

2. Pay the $50 to get temp tags to play it safe.

Swap the plates. Done it plenty of times. As long as you have proof of ins with you and explain it to the cops they’ll understand. I’ve gotten pulled over with plates registered to a different vehicle in January when I got my Jeep, the cop didn’t even blink.

for $50 bucks I would do it. the amount of shit you could get into isnt worth it. technically its illegal and catch a cop on a bad day and you are getting a few tickets

run on the temp plat so you dont have to pay taxes for 30days lol

Look forward to going for a ride in the new toy :slight_smile:

i would not chance it i understand you will hacve the insurance card. however you will be technically driving an unregistered car along with plates registered to another vehicle. just get the temp tag.

for 50 bux…temp plate…like travis said…if you get pulled and u get a dick cop he could screw you hardcore and possoble even tow your car…50 buxs is worth it to me