Dealer plates.

I’m buying a car tomorrow and would rather not swap my plates onto it to get it back here. I know its short notice/far fetched/illegal but i figured i would give it a try. thanks :eekdance:

i will be driving the car from buffalo to middleport.

good luck, thats a decent trip. the cost to own those plates is a ton of money and then to insure those plates is alot from what ive heard. so borowing them probably wont get your trust.

Why not just go to the DMV and get a temporary plate?

it only cost ten dollars for a transit permit. you need proof of insurance. you have to pay the $50 title fee and any sales tax at the time though.

YOU HAVE TO TURN IN THE TRANSIT PERMIT WHEN YOU CANCEL THE INSURANCE. I can not register a vehicle until 7/31 (from 7/6) because of that. lol

i have a newer plate that was givin to me from a bronco, used to move a car its all yours if u want it

i’ve got plates to use i was just wondering if someone had access to dealer plates lol again i know far fetched but…it was worth a shot.

no time for the dmv transit plates

it takes 5 minutes and is legal.

ROFL

don’t do this.

i know there is a 99% chance you will make it without a problem, but it isn’t worth the risk. if you get pulled over (whether it’s for a moving violation or just a random plate run) you are fucked. if you get into an accident (whether it is your fault or not) you are SUPER fucked.

but, if you’re willing to borrow dealer plates illegally, you might as well borrow the illegal bronce plates. either way, it’s a legal shit storm (read: expensive) if you get caught.

do it the right way.

edit: someone would have to be retarded to let you borrow a dealer plate. they would be liable for you’re actions, barring them accusing you of stealing the plate, an entirely different offense for you to face.

why not use a tow dolly? itll be covered under the tow vehicle’s insurance if anything happened (based on insurance), its legal, and its just easier. or you could just register it then bring it home?

biggity bam!

the shit you guys have been talking about/suggesting is risky/illegal/expensive, especially if you run into a prick cop (edit: not even a prick, just doing his job/covering his ass) or get into an accident.

like i said, you’ll likely get home without a problem, but if you get caught, you’re fucked. how much is that worth to you?

just so you know if you get caught…impound fee + towing fee + insuranece + titling of car. so all in all if you want to throw away money i say do it. if not temporary plate = better way to go.

i only read the title, but L O L.

AAA

but why is this still open??

I can do it for you sunday but can’t let you use the plate.I’ll drive the car back for ya
LMK
Derek

bc no one is suggesting that he actually do it. lol