Looking for Dealer Plates

Does anyone have a set of dealer plates I can borrow on Sunday just in case I purchase this car? If I end up using the plates I will be happy to throw a $20 for the help.

HMMMMM…yea i am not to sure many people are willing to rent out dealer plates…Insurance is pretty high on those

dude if you need plates that bad, borrow a set off another car that you have or your parents or friends, just dont get pulled over, or ask the dealer if you can borrow a set an that you will return them

how about a tow truck or trailer ?

Yeah im probably going to end up using a dolley but it would be nice just to drive it home. The cars in Rochester so I dont know if I wanna chance it driving it all the way back using my other plates.

dude- trust me just dolly it back or tow it. i got pulled over last year with plates on my talon from my nissan just from blazdell to hamburg and got slammed with 5 tickets pretty serrious tickets. the cop was gay. its not worth it.

if u buy it, use AAA

1. put dummy plates on it
  2. tell them its ur car
  3. tell them u came to rochester to visit ur friend, and that ur car broke down
  4. tell them u want it towed to ur house…

:lol:

AAA only tows within 5 miles.

Plus Members are higher. but eather way I would just dolly it. I have a dolly if you need to borrow it pm me.

yea, its not the swapping of plates, the lack of paperwork on the one car. No registration, no insurance, no inspection, swithed plates… and no one will lend you thier dealer plate that costs them 5 k a year for insurance on. Get into a fender bender with that one and they are fucked, no even good friends will loan those suckers. A dolly is the way to do it.

haha, yea… someone lend thier dealer plat eout… thats funny.

Yea well Im just going to end up bringing a dolly. Badnewsmini I will send ya a pm if I dont end up borrowing redconquestsi’s dolly.

AAA Platinum ftw… its so worth it. saved my ass and a few others a few times, more than paid for itself

Not to mention you have to be 25 to drive on a dealer plate I beleive,not the dealer himself but anyone else who operates a car with a dealer plate out back.

untrue. we have several plates, and have employees well under 25, no issues.

what he said. i worked for several dealerships and whenever an errand needed to be run or to deliver a car or anything we took a dealer plate… we just had two rules; don’t lose it and don’t crash with them on. if you do either of those don’t come back to work.

Haha I plan on doing this very thing tonight for my new winter car. It’s an hour from my house. AAA pissed me off last year, so I’m using every single one of the tows I’m allowed.:slight_smile:

Watch out with AAA plus. They said fuck me when I used it to much, well according to them I used it to much. But in the end I go them back, protested the cancellation, got my account turned back on and used it a bunch more times.