dealer plates

anyone here have dealer plates i can borrow within the next week or two.will pay to borrow them.

haha

or if anyone can tow for a good price that be nice too

borrow a dealer plate, sounds like a great idea.

Buy a caa plus membership
wait 7 days
use it
boom

i can do that .even get a CT membership

you can use caa+ for up to 250 km’s or something close to that. they don’t do towing for people who just bought cars and who are trying to get it from one shop to another, etc. so if you pretend like your car broke down and you’ll be fine. you can borrow your dad’s or friends card too if you don’t have one.

^^ not entirely true.

it all depends on the driver’s discretion. if he’s a hard-ass and a stickler for the rools, then he probably won’t.

however that said, when i sold my Jetta last year (not running of course), i told the flat-bed driver straight-up when he got to my house that i had sold it and we would be towing it to the buyer’s house. he had absolutely no problem with that. i gave him a $10 tip to seal the deal. rule #1: even if it’s CAA, TIP YOUR TOW DRIVER!!

as for borrowing someone elses card, the person who’s name is on the card must be present, with ID, when the truck shows up. again it’s up to the driver…i’ve had drivers who didn’t even want to check my card when i asked them. but some of them are hard-asses, or noobies, and will follow the book to a T.

as for dealer plates, i seriously hope nobody on here (who has one) is dumb enough to lend their dealer plate out to somebody else. not only would you most likely lose your job, but if you were to get in an accident with my dealer plate on your car, i would be FUCKED, not only from my employer, but probably from the insurance company as well.

As long as theres a valid plate on it they dont give a shit, and I’ve never had to show my ID for CAA before, only the CAA card.

and its only 200kms

i’ve never had to show my ID either, i just mean if you’re using someone elses card, they require the card-holder to be present.

and more than half the time, the driver’s don’t even ask for my CAA card. i offer to show it, and they say “don’t worry about it”.

and just so you know

dealer plates are only valid on cars that are registered in the dealers name

COME ON.

yo i drive a tow truck same goes to my nephew. im with abram… so only time i can do thing is after 9pm. but my nephew on the other hand… he is free man after 7pm…
where is it going to… and from where??? i need to know that to give you a price.

and as for the dealer plate i do have one. since i own a dealership too on the side. but the vehicle has to be under my companys ownership. spddmn is right on that.

(CAA is the shit yo!!! if you get a ct membership i think your only covered to take it to the ct.)

went with CAA.what a deal

you’re right, it really depends on the driver, and tipping is always a good thing.
from my experience, i’ve used my dad’s caa card ~4 times and they’ve never asked me to show it. one of the drivers told me that people who have caa+ could use the card if their family members get in emergency situations as well (which would have made my dad’s card legitimate in that particular situation). also, when i bought a car one time and had to tow it back to my house, the driver gave me a lecture on how their service is only for emergency situations. he told me they aren’t supposed to tow cars that are being sold / bought, only emergency situations where you’re stranded, etc. then again, if you pocket the driver some cash first thing when he comes, can’t see him caring of the reason

on purpose.

put your tampon back in.

^ bahahaha