Anyone buy a car out of Ohio?

I’m looking into a car in Ohio to buy. The car is through a private owner though. So I’m trying to figure out how I would be able to drive the car back here using temporary plates and if ohio even issues them. Thanks

yep my evo is from ohio, used a temp plate for the full 30 days while i saved for the taxes…

I used temp plates also driving a car I bought from Ohio.

Ohio does issue temp plates. I bought my last two cars in St. Louis and Dallas though…You will just need to take the title to a registrar. Here is a link to the offices.
http://bmv.ohio.gov/county/dr_locs.htm

Ohio issues 30 day temp tags. I’m from Ohio.

whats the ballpark cost for temp tags?

I also had temp tags, it was through a dealer though.

When I got temp tags from michigan I still needed insureance on the car. Ohio the same way?

I didnt have insurence on the car I got temp tegs from, But I bought from a dealer, and they wanted proof the car I was trading in had insurence… so any why it would be stupid to not have insurence on a brand new (well to you) car.

i drive to cleveland a lot, and every time im there i see at least half a dozen cars with temp plates in the rear window. they must be pretty easy to obtain.

Yep, I used the 30 day plates on my truck when i first got it.

They were pretty cheap, 25 bucks I think.

I live in cleveland, but dont really know about the temp tags.

Ditto for me.

Stellar post.^

Dont speed, use old plates, or owners old plates and mail em back.

Temp plates are such a PITA unless you have time to spend where ever you are picking the car up from to get them…

It took about 5min to get temp plates for my car in NJ. I filled out one basic form, handed them the form, proof of ownership, and proof of insurance got a temp plate. It was easy as hell to do.

Maybe its different for other states but it was easy in NJ :gotme:

You DO need insurance on the vehicle, a title signed over to you and of course your drivers license…
The cost varies state to state but it is usually $25-$40 for notary fees and the transfer tag…
Expect a possibility of getting pulled over in NY as soon as they notice there is no front plate, make sure you put the tag in a clear spot in the back (not sitting on the rear package tray or something)…good luck

Yea, but the DMV is only open 9-4 M-F most places.

:poke:

Thats why you check before you go get the car. I went on a saturday morning :wink:

I just got temp tags for $20 for my new toy coming from Ohio. :snky: