question about tint

if your car is registered out of state, do PA tint laws apply if you are driving on PA roads?

ask hannibal

i’m asking pittspeed… someone has to know, hannibal / sightnsound

ok how bout this, if your car is registered in pa and you travel out of town for a Goverment job does the other state’s tint law apply?

"Here the Bureau of Motor Vehicles says that, although it would be illegal for my parents to visit PA in a legal vehicle from another State, since they’re such nice guys, they’re going to ‘counsel law enforcement’ to not enforce these laws against out of state drivers.
The Bureau of Motor Vehicles confirmed that. . .

“The Department recognizes the Constitutional limitations in enforcing these provisions to vehicles registered out-of-state. In that regard, it has been the Department’s practice to counsel law enforcement officials not to enforce these window tint provisions upon individual vehicle owners operating registered out-of-state vehicles.”
What he means is that it would be illegal for them to restrict Interstate Commerce by threatening or citing legal vehicle from other States that meet all Federal and PA requirements.
Of course, it it also illegal for the Bureau of Motor Vehicles is set forth a policy to only enforce a law against certain individuals, whether they be PA vehicles, out of state vehicles, blacks, hispanics, or any other select group. But they don’t seem to care!
"

STATE FRONT SIDES REAR SIDES BACK WINDOW VISOR

PA 70% 70% 70% NO

OH 50% ANY% ANY% 70%

Because Safety Sun Screening is not prohibited by FMVSS205, most of the other States have laws that explicitly define minimum transmittance percentages. For example, the Texas Law specifically says that FMVSS205 is enforced, yet windows as low as 35% are explicitly PERMITTED.

no …not how about that you douchebag…

Sonny, I just saw this now, but it seems you found it. Basically if you are registered out of state and it is legal in your state then no they can not ticket you. That goes for most things on a vehicle unless its a strait out extreme safty issue.

Now just like the assholes in carlisle around show time they will ticket out of staters because they figure they will just pay the fine instead of driving all the way back and fighting it (which they would win but it would be more of a hassle in some instances).

anyway… the discussion came up with someone who’s car is registered in Ohio… They think that the PA statue does not apply… however, I KNOW for a fact that out of staters got tint tickets at places like Carlisle… however, I wonder if that was just Cop Bullshit b ecause it was a show? or if it was legal to enforce PA law… so that’s the question.

From what I read, it’s a grey area, however the PA cops are allowed to enforce tint laws on out of state cars under statue FMVSS205 according to that states tint law…

:dunno:

haha… just wrote that example!

sounds good!

did you read my responce?

lol we are playing “phone tag” on the forums. :smiley:

s’all good

now to douchbags question.

i’d guess it’s the same thing… you’re talking about the exact same situation, however reversing the states laws… so if you go to OH you’d probably have to adhere to our states laws… however, if you’re ‘government job’ has a ‘government car’ then i’d assume the laws for a municipal registered vehicle could be different?

you 2 should become cops

pa cant fuck with you if you have out of state plates… its a Pa vehicle code, and if your out of state they are limited to what they can do…

i have 5% on the side windows, 5% over the factory 20 in the back and 35% on the entire windshield… and rarely get fucked with… :clit: