tint limit in Pa?

Quck question. Anyone know what the actual tint limit is for front windows? 20%, 35%?

none on front windows, think 35% on the rear…

or it may be 70% (which is stock) which means no tint allowed. :dunno:

its i want to say 75 %

basically all tint is illegal unless its from the factory on your car

its 70

70% unless applied at factory.

Get in touch sometime, boy!

awsome, thanks guys. f the law anywho.

ya man, we’ll have to meet up sometime.

dont drive though the monroeville area then…
they will tell you, “get it off your windows”

buddy just got pulled over 2 days ago.

will do. thanks for the heads up

Mt lebo too!

Any tint out there that fits FMVSS 205? The PA law specifically excludes material that conforms to 205 from it. And, the statute currently lists no percentage; just says only sunscreening “which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle” is prohibited.

tint law = gay.

Basically, if you have it and they feel like pulling you, you’re getting hassled.

i just did 5%.i heard rostraver got new tint meters and i wanna test them out.

um my buddy just got pulled over for it and we researched it. In pa as long as you can see inside the vehicle and the tint is above 25-30%. Below that they believe you cant see in. this is the actual quote:

"Based on common sense and the Law in other States, it appears that tint with a transmittance much below 25-30% may not permit a person to view the interior and would therefore be ILLEGAL under current PA Law.
Therfore the term “Legal Tint” when used in this site, refers to …

Tint with transmittance above approx. 25 - 30%, that conforms with all applicable PA Statutes, Regulations, and FMVSSs"

"TITLE 75 Section 4524 (e)(1) of the Pennsylvania Common Statutes states that

(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.

Note that the law only prohibits tinting which prevents a person from seeing or viewing the inside of the vehicle. It does not prohibit all tinting or tinting below 70%"

go here for more info
http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/

Oh they got em… they pulled my lil brother, they were sitting at Kellys… he seen them sitting there and went like 20-25 past them. Beranic still pulled out… pulled him and gave him a ticket. My bro fought it in court and “somehow” won :slight_smile: Im afriad to drive my denali leaving the bar sometimes out there… but somehow the denali slips under the radar with the tint… maybe because it looks like its suppost to be there?? I dunno…

As far as tint goes. None on the front windows… and anything newer than 1998 I believe cannot have any on the rear windows either, unless applied at the factory. Under 1998 you can put whatever I believe on the rear windows and rear window. Thats what they explained to my brother in court… although its sad that you can pass state inspection, but pull out of the place and get a tint ticket.

I think they need to change the tint law… think about it… they dont want tint because of the sole reason that you could have a gun pointed at them and they would never see. Well… when they pull you over for tinted windows they take that risk just to give a $100 fine, correct? So why not make it simple… allow tint… BUT when you get pulled over, you must put all 4 windows down, no matter rain, snow, whatever… which solves the problem. If you fail to do so, make it at least a $400-$500 fine. You will learn quick to put your windows down if you forget one time… or you will remove the tint. There is no reason that responceable vehicle owners should not be allowed sun screening.

search the forums,been over this 1,000,000,000 times!:smiley: