safe tint % ?

i am planning to tint my G this week , i was thinking about doing 30% all the way around,

i was reading the h/w act and it said notthing about a certain %, just says they wanna see ur steering wheel

wut u guys think would be a safe % to go for ??

i’m thinking about doing tints on my car as well. I was thinking 15%, the law isnt really specific and some cops say if they cant read your license pressed up against the window its too dark. Thats the only way of judging that i’ve heard of.

this is wut the h/w act says

Windows to afford clear view

1. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway,

(a) unless the windshield and the windows on either side of the compartment containing the steering wheel are in such a condition as to afford the driver a clear view to the front and side of the motor vehicle; and

(b) unless the rear window is in such a condition as to afford the driver a clear view to the rear of the motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 74 (1).

Alot of the time we tinted down to 10% at the shop.
Im re-tinting the 240 come spring, to 10%

do u have any pics of ur 240 with 10%. ?

just called my local police station , the pig said just make sure a cop can make eye contact with u and u should have no problems

Nah, im not really sure what the tint % currently is on my car now, but its old and faded to purple.
Not to mention it looks kinda funny seing as how I swapped hatches and it doesn’t have tint.
Hence the re-do come spring.

A cop defiantly can’t make eye contact with 10% but w.e

If you go to a place that tints… they usually offer advice as to what %

legal

%35 on driver/passenger front windows
up to 4inches on top and bottom of windshield
%20 on all other passenger windows/rear windows

i have limo tint on mine extremely difficult to see out the windows when driving not sure what %, but i havent got pulled over yet…

The best tint that I would recomend is 15 front 5 back looks good and visable at night ,my buddy has 5 all around looks good but its a bitch to drive at night

I got limo tint from my rear window to the rear side passenger windows…no problem with ‘authority’ so far…came stock when I bought my winter car (Tercel 4D) lol.

my front side windows though are visible with tint from the outside, fo sure legal. I bet this is a legal setup on my car then…

Tint them as dark as you want F the police lol. If your not driving like an ass they won’t even notice you. Aleast thats how it is in Burlington :slight_smile:

legal for 2 front windows is 35%, but u can go as dark as you want for the rears

u can play around with it if u have a light colored interior

what the hell are you guys talking about ‘legal is 35%’

theres no written law about this

are you telling me you know 35% to be the common law precedent?

dont be ridiculous

and, especially kollo, theres no legal limit for tint on the back or back side windows

personally I wouldn’t go anything lower than 35%. I like to be able to make eye contact with other drivers so that I can give them right of way, etc. I just feel safer that way. Low numbers like -20% can look aggressive/sleek sure…but effects visibility and only gives more excuses/resons for the cops to pull you over.

That being said… I rock 20 on the back windows in my hatch. Now that looks good. No tint in the front though.

I have 5% all around and its dark as FVCK! I wouldn’t really go this dark, as it’s pretty hard to see at night (you get used to it though, and I have good eyes lol)…but it looks damn good, and provides the utmost privacy…

Here’s a pic:

Yee 5% all the way thats the shit, getting my tint redone in that too.

look out for probs with the pigs with doing 5% all the way around, i have 35% on my front two windows and 15% on rears and i have been pulled over, and the cop said there is no set limit but its to the officers discretion which you know what that means, cop having a bad day= you pealling you tint of your windows

They cant prove you have tint on your car in court…soo either way fuck cops.

i got pulled over in markham area cuz my tint was too dark i had 5% all around i pretty much took the tint off the fronts cuz its the only way they’ll wave of my ticket…