Tinting windows....

I was wondering, what is the legal limit to darkness in each window… im repainting my 240 white w. a black roof and i want to get the black window look if i can… but i dont know what tint i can get…
thanks for the help
-Matt

20% in the fron
and limo tint in the rear

true, but the officers have discretion on this, basically they describe it as being able to make out a sillouette through the tint (see the driver), but at night its hard to to do anyway…

exactly. any shade tint COULD get you in trouble. depends if the police officer is having a good day i guess…in the rear you can go as dark as you wish tho.

Thought it was 35% fronts?
But yes, it is totally officer’s discretion.

getting my 240’s window tint tml…

going 23% frt and 5% rear 1/4 and hatch glass…

Ive got 15% on the front windows, 5% on the banner and two small rear quarter windows. Its a convertible. I dont have the rear done but I havent had a problem with officers and the 15% up front.

agreed. i thought it was 35% also. i know the tint on my car is illegal (don’t know the % though since i didn’t get it installed), and the officer i was speaking to told me that he must be able to see the driver through the glass, regardless of percentage. if you want to be hassled (very rarely though), go with darker tint. if not, stay light.

I run 10 in the front, 5 in the back, never been harassed, it does take time gettin used to driving with dark tints tho…

I have barely any tint on my front but it’s still hard to see me. I guess having tinted skin helps.

When it comes to tinting there’s actually no “legal” limit.

However,

• 35% on the front driver and passenger window’s IS Officer’s disscretion. A police officer must be able to clearly see in both windows during the day or night.

• windsheild tint CAN NOT be lower then 6 inches down from the top and it can be as dark as you like.

• rear quarter and rear windsheild can be darker then 35% however, it can be an issue if a cop is having a bad day and decides to take it out on you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had to check on this when I was a PI and yeah, I’ve been stopped a couple of time (when I had my 240) due to the level of tint I had which was 20% ALL around. However, having the PI license got out of any tickets along with some luck. :lol: