just got ticketed for having dark tints

im pulling out of my neighborhood road, he noticed me and makes a U-turn and pulls me over.

he gave me a ticket of $110 because my dar’s 98 corolla’s front passenger and driver windows are too dark, and he was having a hard time seeing the interior of the car.

when we got the tint done to the car like 8 years ago, the dude did it said the tints are 50% front and 35% back or something along those lines. now, I have no hard proof stating the tint is such and such, so I have no proof or document to show them that the tint is within legal limits.

and this is the FIRST time the car got pulled over for tint.

now I have two options, remove the front tint or re-tint the front to a lighter one.

this is my first time getting pulled over and i wasn’t even in my kouki LOL

what should i do guys??

DISCUSS

Minor situation, just get it looked over if the fronts are actually in legal limits and if not, get them done. Do a guilty with explanation, talk to the prosecutor on the court date just say you were a noob and fixed it.
This is your first minor b.s offense, it should be thrown out and dismissed.

Good Luck, you won’t really need it though :wink:

I got a ticket like that 8 years ago. Took it to court, cop didnt show up… I dunno if you can just say you bought it like that and you didnt know???

Why would you put darker tints on the front to begin with? 35% on the front 50% on the back?

Playing dumb and saying you bought it like that isn’t a valid excuse. Listen to Redline.

Tint it even darker.

thats BS kisho!
fight him!! LOL punch that pig in his oinker!! LOLLL

don’t they usually give a warning for tints instead of the ticket right away?

usually yea, i got a buddy that has 5% tint all around except the windshield and all he does is roll his windows down when he sees a cop

i just went to the office in markham, the fucking cunt behind the desk handed me a ticket number, so i filled out the yellow form and my number came up and it happened to be the same cunt that gave me the ticket. the woman didnt say a word, didnt even look at my form, just slapped a sticker on my traffic ticket and said you will be notified… i was like wtf.

what a waste of time…i gotta go back there tomorrow morning

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

ya, i had my numbers mixed up, 50 in the front and 35 in the back

At least he was nice enough to not to key the fuck out of your tints & not write you the ticket…

take it to court. I knew a kid who’s dad was a lawyer and he was ticketed like every few days for that. Did the cop have a light meter with them to test the darkness of your tint? They never do, and they can’t test light transfer with their eyes… unfortunately for them.

LOL thats smart, but what about the winter :slight_smile:

its only the front windows, just drop them every time, its not that bad if the windows are electric, i do the same thing…

my buddy has a 745 IL though with limo tints and the police didnt like that, and he isnt smart enough to roll em down everytime

Just have to say, I love how well our tax money is being spent. What a fuckin waste of time and money.

Another reason I HATE cops.

so I went there today, and the guy behind the counter was nice enough to explain that because the cunt from yesterday already stamped my ticket for a court date, he cant reverse it and he told me to wait and they will notify me. he also said that sometimes they throw the ticket out before the court date and apologized for the cunt from yesterday…SOOOOO now i have to wait fuckin 6 months according to him for a court date, if they dont notify me, i gotta call a number…SMH, now I understand why you guys hate the justice system so much

I asked a cop about this years ago.

There is nothing in the HTA that states anything about legal limits. It is basically up to the cop to decide.
Officially, they can ticket you for anything applied to the front and direct left and right of the driver windows.

Usually it’s one of those things they bust you for if they don’t have any hard evidence of something else you were doing…
To call you out on just that though, thats weak… It is the end of the month though, time to meet that quota!

its TINT non TINTS

if they dont notify you dont bother calling them.

bring pics in with you… trust me… your well within limits… 25% is legal as well… if he didnt have something to actually test the transition of light then he has shit and is hoping that you would just pay the ticket… Go in… itll get dropped and he will look like a fool

^^ thats what I’m hoping for lol, its just irritating how i have to wait a long time…